Star Wars - something thats been annoying me for 30 years

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Mr Happy, Mar 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Do you remember the lightsabre fight between Obi Wan and Darth Vader?

At the end of that fight Obi Wan says "if you strike me down Darth, I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine"

And ol' Darth, never one to look a gift horse in the eye lops his noggin off.

1. Why did Obi Wan say that and, given the following movies, apart from a few spectoral scenes, did he ever get more powerful? He certainly didn't have a huge impact in SW except for his advice to Luke ("use the force Luke, Use the force!") when he was about to shoot his photo torpedo's…

2. Why did his body vanish leaving just his old monk like clothes…

Anyone got any answers?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Get out more!

3. I'll be duty geek for the day.

My interpretation is he continured to guide luke. Even in death. He can always be there to dish out pointers on the force. Thereby being more 'powerfull'.

He left no corpse behind and moved into his ghost like state. This also happens to Yoda in Episode six. It must be how the transition takes place. As Darth appears like this at the end of Episode Six, we must also assume that his body disappeared, leaving the suit behind.

This is, of course, ruined by Qui gon Jin (or however you spell it) who learns of this technique but is clearly a corpse at the end of episode one.

I need to get laid.

4. why does Darth Vader not reckognise the robots when he see's them again. He after all built one of them

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I'm cool with the guidance bit but surely defeating Vader (or at least having a shot) would have been more useful, then he could have slotted himself if being ethereal was really important...

6. No because Vader was needed to defeat the emperor. Luke couldn't have done it on his own.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

One of many many many problems with episodes 1-3 that made 4-6 unworkable

8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Although it could be argued that Vader never actually interacts with the droids directly in the last three films. The closest he gets is shooting R2 over the death star in the first (4th?) film, which is not a deliberate attack on the droid, and when han is frozen in the second (5th) one, C3P0 is in the same room. Other than that, he has no reason to get involved with them...

I must now go and write 50 times "Star wars is not real, it doesnt really matter..." :meditate: :frustrated: :ufo: :meditate:

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Tish tosh Chris,

Mostly because….. Drum roll…

C3PO apparently was a cyberdine series model blah blah protocol driod. Which is fine, until SW1 when we see little annakin building him - at which point he is rather obviously not off a production line, which makes George Lucas a liar and I shall never forgive him.

10. Are the Stormtroopers in episodes 4-6 still clones?
    Why is the uniform different?

So many questions that remain un-answered

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

absolutely, but then you never see a single face.

techncial advances

12. The uniforms are different because The Emperor didn't wan't to make it look like he was preparing for galactic conquest by purchasing the enhanced Storm trooper Armour. This was done to appease his back benchers in The senate on Corusant.

Palpatine has the blood of his loyal stormtroopers on his hands.

13. C3PO was repaired and put together by the young Annakin not created.

C3PO returns to Annakin in episode 2 when he reclaims his mothers body. He remains with Annakin and Padmay until episode 3 when Annakin punishes Padmay for bringing Obi Wan with her. After Padmays death the 2 driods are given to Senator Bail Organa and he has their memories wiped and are put into service. This then links the 2 driods to Lia in episode 4.

There are many scenes with the C3PO model knocking about. Although the only gold one was C3 i think.

14. When the droids and luke turn up at Obi's house in episode 4, Obi says that he doesnt recal owning any droids - yet he hung around the little blue beepy one long enough to know who he was surely. Why didnt he say "I dont recal owning any droids, yet I know this little badger here"

15. Perhaps it's like the difference between a Lotus 7 and a Caterham 7 - Anakin was building the kit car version. It's amazing what you can get mail order nowadays/in the past/in the future.