STANTA

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by philarmy, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been fortunate enough to avoid this place over the years but I am going v soon. Can anyone tell me what the facilities/accn are like? I.e. is it worth carrying cash, can I charge my phone, is it worth taking my laptop, are the rooms 10 man or bigger etc? Just been to Lydd and the accn was OK, there was electricity and a half decent cookhouse albeit no diggers or cups. It just helps with the packing, I'm sure you understand.

2. Where are you going and what are you doing? Saying STANTA is like saying OTA or SPTA, its a GBFO training area.

3. It's east of here...

There are monsters and dragons there... Don't go there... They'll tell you that you have to... It's because they have to feed the monsters... But don't do it... You'll die... A horrible death... Worse than being REME... Trust me, I saw it... I still get night sweats...

4. We stayed at West Tofts a few weeks ago. Accn is fine, 10 men to a nissan hut. bogs were fine, lot of hot water and the kitchens were good enough that you're only constrained by your own sloppies.

The pub in Wretham 'closes' at 9:30, a little expensive in there but a good atmosphere.

5. They burned it down and started again then...

6. You are all heart you are, you stinking rockape.

It depends where the lad is staying. On one hand, he might be in the STANTA Hilton, with hot and cold running rats, a genny on the rag, a maglite and a portaloo. The scoff will be good though, you can always trust the bean burners at the STANTA Hilton.

On the other hand, he might be in a tent with some mess tins. :roll:

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Aw, come on. Sodomy isnt that bad after the third or forth time.

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The only thing you have to be careful of, and I speak as someone who has a lot to to with the place, is be aware of the rules and legislations that cover the admin and ops of the place. There is one in particular that covers both acco and social entertainments, which, briefly, lays out the standard of living, food allowances and transport and subsitence for drinking in Thetford.
    I can't recall what it's number or official name is. But just keep your eyes open for the Stanta Clause!

Ok, I'm going!

9. Is'nt that a subscription Television Channel, I sometimes get it on my puter to watch the footie.

What are you doing on there now the footies off?

Are you into Beach Volley ball or Golf?

10. Really? Are you suggesting I try it?

11. Don't go into the dodgy church in the dark - devil worshippers will crucify you.

12. That's one up on being dry-bummed to death by a catholic priest!!

13. mmmmm. Dry bumming.....

14. I'll be doing OPTAG trg at the new "village".

15. You know - you used to do it to Crabs in Aldergrove when they weren't looking. Particularly when they fecked you around at barriers!!

Some would call it rape - others would call it surprise sex.