Standing up to Bufoon

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by exile1, Apr 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Commander Eddie Grenfell, a WWII Arctic Convoy Veteran is standing in the General Election against Hoon. This old fighting man is furious that Buff has seemingly blocked an award of a medal for all those poor buggers who served on the Arctic Convoys.
    [paraphrased source - The News Portsmouth]
    Lets see how many W*****s in his constituency vote Bliar's mate [a pox on them all] and how many vote for a real hero.

2. Anything to get rid of El Presidenti B.Lair!!!!

3. a compromise, Hoon can be re-elected providing he agrees to drink a couple of pints of OM19 and be immersed in sub-freezing water for a couple of hours. If he can hack that, then surely no Arctic Convoy veteran will continue to think of Buff as a complete cnut worthy of the highest opprobrium?? Surely....

4. We can only hoping that incompetent, spineless fcuking idiot referred to in Govt circles as the Secretary of State for Defence gets soundly trounced at the upcoming election - the very worst that can happen after that is that somebody equally incompetent from Neu Arbeit is appointed in his place.

We live in hope.

5. The reason why Bliar and Robber Brown keep that feckless, gurning slimeball (aka TCH) in MOD is that, without any discernable backbone, he can be manipulated any way they want. Think we'll see the new carriers, F-35 and FRES? Some hope! But we'll be deployed all the same without (good) enough kit. And just wait - when Robber's PM we'll be forced into some useless EU 'military' organisation and become like so many other Euro armies - little better than government sponsored backpackers. What they've started with the Scottish regiments won't end until the military is one big happy family of arrse-patters commanded by a load of New Labour, right-on, PC-compliant t*ssers whose main concern will be how to accessorise DPM.

6. What they've started with the Scottish regiments won't end until the military is one big happy family of arrse-patters commanded by a load of New Labour, right-on, PC-compliant t*ssers whose main concern will be how to accessorise DPM.

Thank God, I thought it was just me thatt had the DPM problem.

7. Question....

the rest of the EU are conscript armies with cash to spend on good kit as they dont need to pay decent wages to the soldiers...

meaning, if we did get sucked in the a EU Super Army, wouldnt we be the poor kid from next door with a crap toy going to the party at the posh kids house?

Our kit would really get shown up (i know the phrase "all the gear but no idea" applies, but still, Germany for example has wonderful trucks, merc 4x4s and Gats, we have got the Bedford 4 tonner!!! - that said i DO think the LR is the best 4x4 in die welt)

it all sucks!

Rincewind