• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Standing out - In a good way!

Hey guys,

I'll be applying to the Royal Marines early next year, shamelessly using the TA for experiance, training and phys.
Basically I'm treating the TA like I would any other job, giving 100% and cracking on with whatever needs to be done, helping others etc. I'm due to start weekend 3 of P1 Basic training on may 8th.. and want to stand out in a positive way, whilst not looking like a brown-nosing whore.

If anyone has any bits of advice of anything extra I can do either at the RTC or the TAC or even things in spare time (unemployed at the moment, so anything that requires a bit of time isn't a problem) to "shine" so to speak, then I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Matt

Matt_2085 said:
Hey guys,

I'll be applying to the Royal Marines early next year, shamelessly using the TA for experiance, training and phys.
Basically I'm treating the TA like I would any other job, giving 100% and cracking on with whatever needs to be done, helping others etc. I'm due to start weekend 3 of P1 Basic training on may 8th.. and want to stand out in a positive way, whilst not looking like a brown-nosing whore.

If anyone has any bits of advice of anything extra I can do either at the RTC or the TAC or even things in spare time (unemployed at the moment, so anything that requires a bit of time isn't a problem) to "shine" so to speak, then I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Matt

Well, you can change your avatar for starters. If you want to keep on using it follow the link to a thread in my signature and pay £5 to Hol4Heroes for it!

Whiskey_60 said:
Well, you can change your avatar for starters. If you want to keep on using it follow the link to a thread in my signature and pay £5 to Hol4Heroes for it!
Apologies, didn't read your sig, just saw it and thought it looked good, I'll change it ASAP.

You seem to be good at borrowing things without asking or paying... Ever thought of a different, more transport based unit to join?

Edited for a very unsignature spelling error. :x

Matt_2085 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
Apologies, didn't read your sig, just saw it and thought it looked good, I'll change it ASAP.
Nay dramas!

Latest Threads