Standby Standby.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Olympic security preparedness tests launched

There, may be trouble ahead!!! this is going to be an absolute mess, Goverment agencies, private companies. 3 different Olympic bodies thats just the London one,s . and not one of them is talking to each other (need to know basis) Standby for a Traincrash.
  2. hardly surprising it's the olympics so somethings bound to go wrong
  3. Personally I feel very secure knowing that G4S is involved.
  4. Pararegtom

Fcuk thats funny.
  5. I kept expecting to read somewhere that Armorgroup & their staff of ex-nightclub doormen with M4s were involved but I've been disappointed so far.
  6. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Ah g'wan - what could possibly go wrong? :-D
  7. HHH

HHH LE

Who have they got to play the part of the Brazilian tube passenger ??
  8. Tony Blair, hopefully
  9. They're already circulating the ID photo so that people are familiar with him.

10. Prior to the 1966 World Cup finals in London, and the influx of foreign tourists, the police went proactive and rounded up various known malefactors on a preventative basis. Clip joints in Soho were particularly targeted.

The same could be done now, except that police and politicians have no backbone, the prisons have no places and there are enough active criminals in london to populate several island penal colonies.

The Olympics are another poisoned bequest from the last government to the current one and are a disaster/major national embarrassment waiting to happen. London can't even make the list of 50 most liveable cities and the Met can't deal with feral kids and protesting students. I'm not sure how it's supposed to cope with the Olympics.
  11. "The exercises are being prepared as the final phase of the security plan for the games and will examine not just how organisations work with each other but how they are able to communicate with the public."

Usual SOP for plod: Talk out of your ricker with your hands tucked in your stab vest.

Whats the betting that the coms fail the first time they put everybody on it?
  12. Pararegtom

Oh yee of little faith, we have G4s (minimum wage illegal immigrants and any other numpty who cant get a real job no screening ) security speshalists to sort it.
  13. Oh come on - what could possibly go wrong with security provided by the lowest bidder?
  14. HA selection is pretty tough as well; takes at least a year before one is "badged".:twisted:
  15. Should Reservists expect brown envelopes wrt Olympic security duties?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.