Standby Standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardly surprising it's the olympics so somethings bound to go wrong

Personally I feel very secure knowing that G4S is involved.

I kept expecting to read somewhere that Armorgroup & their staff of ex-nightclub doormen with M4s were involved but I've been disappointed so far.

Who have they got to play the part of the Brazilian tube passenger ??

Who have they got to play the part of the Brazilian tube passenger ??
They're already circulating the ID photo so that people are familiar with him.

stickman.jpg

Prior to the 1966 World Cup finals in London, and the influx of foreign tourists, the police went proactive and rounded up various known malefactors on a preventative basis. Clip joints in Soho were particularly targeted.

The same could be done now, except that police and politicians have no backbone, the prisons have no places and there are enough active criminals in london to populate several island penal colonies.

The Olympics are another poisoned bequest from the last government to the current one and are a disaster/major national embarrassment waiting to happen. London can't even make the list of 50 most liveable cities and the Met can't deal with feral kids and protesting students. I'm not sure how it's supposed to cope with the Olympics.

"The exercises are being prepared as the final phase of the security plan for the games and will examine not just how organisations work with each other but how they are able to communicate with the public."

Usual SOP for plod: Talk out of your ricker with your hands tucked in your stab vest.

Whats the betting that the coms fail the first time they put everybody on it?

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Prior to the 1966 World Cup finals in London, and the influx of foreign tourists, the police went proactive and rounded up various known malefactors on a preventative basis. Clip joints in Soho were particularly targeted.

The same could be done now, except that police and politicians have no backbone, the prisons have no places and there are enough active criminals in london to populate several island penal colonies.

The Olympics are another poisoned bequest from the last government to the current one and are a disaster/major national embarrassment waiting to happen. London can't even make the list of 50 most liveable cities and the Met can't deal with feral kids and protesting students. I'm not sure how it's supposed to cope with the Olympics.

Oh yee of little faith, we have G4s (minimum wage illegal immigrants and any other numpty who cant get a real job no screening ) security speshalists to sort it.

Is that Gap For Kids?... or the other ones, with the vans and that...Godawful 4ucking Security?

We'd be better off getting the Hell's Angels chapters to pull security surely? (Their internal H&S document "Lessons Learnt at Altamont" makes good reading.)
Oh come on - what could possibly go wrong with security provided by the lowest bidder?

Is that Gap For Kids?... or the other ones, with the vans and that...Godawful 4ucking Security?

We'd be better off getting the Hell's Angels chapters to pull security surely? (Their internal H&S document "Lessons Learnt at Altamont" makes good reading.)
HA selection is pretty tough as well; takes at least a year before one is "badged".:twisted:

Should Reservists expect brown envelopes wrt Olympic security duties?

Personally I feel very secure knowing that G4S is involved.

Haven't you read the latest guidance? It is now called "Lessons Identified" in the British Army, because when the same cock up is made and people die/are injured etc, any civil suit made against the MOD doesn't hand a win to lawyers

"Well, your report said you had learned the lessons - but someone has died again"

Ref reservists - there is an amendment to RFA96 going through parliament now so reservists can be mobilised for support to the olympics, as the current legislation only allows reservists to be mobilised "in case of disaster or impending disaster". Personal opinions on their success/train wreck potential doesn't have legal weight.

BTW has anyone told APC Glasgow or the Project AVANTI team that the olympics are happening and might merit some special consideration (i.e not throwing the baby out with the bathwater ahead of the event)?

One thing we can all be sure of is that the Coppers will get bags of overtime to pay for their holidays during their Time Off In Lieue (TOIL). The civvy security will put up the sort of performance expected when being paid peanuts. The squaddies will stag on day on stay on, sustained with curly sandwiches and warm screech and get bugger all reward for their efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.