Standby...repatriation part 3

City/Town outskirts with convenient travelodge/premier inn, local Spoons.

We make the party, not the venue...

ste14w

MIA
It also gives me more time to save up more money and to have a more lush venue and more rounds for you fine people.
I reckon the venue doesn't need to be costly or plush, a British Legion would be ideal.
If we go too posh the vomit, blood and teeth all over the walls and floor will look more out of place.

endure

GCM
I reckon the venue doesn't need to be costly or plush, a British Legion would be ideal.
If we go too posh the vomit, blood and teeth all over the walls and floor will look more out of place.
18_drunktank_g_602_zpsyopgsgia.jpg

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm pretty much booked out solid until September between family/work/other work/new kitchen...

Having said that the work travel may give me enough points for a free hotel room!

On a serious note, I’ve promised you very fine people a monumental piss up to at some point show my appreciation of your generosity, and plans are slowly forming in my tiny brain.

One thing I want to do is ask for suggestions on a suitable location with the idea being that nobody should be faced with a long journey home with a sore head the following day, so I’m suggesting that we choose somewhere in the Midlands. Somewhere with plenty of hotel rooms nearby would be good.

If anyone knows of anything suitable, please step forward. I’m thinking of maybe a pub with a function room, and nothing too posh. I plan to pay for the function room and more than a few rounds of beer, but I can’t pay for the hotel rooms I’m afraid (well I could, but it would take me months to save up, and I’m sure all you Arrsers are getting increasingly thirsty).

Over to you folks.
How about the NEC Birmingham?.......just a suggestion like

A few sovs were chipped in too

ste14w

MIA
On a serious note, I’ve promised you very fine people a monumental piss up to at some point show my appreciation of your generosity, and plans are slowly forming in my tiny brain.

One thing I want to do is ask for suggestions on a suitable location with the idea being that nobody should be faced with a long journey home with a sore head the following day, so I’m suggesting that we choose somewhere in the Midlands. Somewhere with plenty of hotel rooms nearby would be good.

If anyone knows of anything suitable, please step forward. I’m thinking of maybe a pub with a function room, and nothing too posh. I plan to pay for the function room and more than a few rounds of beer, but I can’t pay for the hotel rooms I’m afraid (well I could, but it would take me months to save up, and I’m sure all you Arrsers are getting increasingly thirsty).

Over to you folks.
@OneTenner
Are you up for this?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Righty ho peeps.

An arrser who is lurking with intent in the background of all of this, and is a little shy , doesn't want any fanfare etc, has just financed and secured storage for Awols kit close to him in Wiltshire. Let's just say its not a small amount and has been paid for in full.

We just need to get over the line now and get the stuff back to blighty. Anything you can spare to go into the Gofundme to make this happen....we know its a big ask but.....put yourself in Awols shoes....there but for the grace of god ..

Righty ho peeps.

An arrser who is lurking with intent in the background of all of this, and is a little shy , doesn't want any fanfare etc, has just financed and secured storage for Awols kit close to him in Wiltshire. Let's just say its not a small amount and has been paid for in full.

We just need to get over the line now and get the stuff back to blighty. Anything you can spare to go into the Gofundme to make this happen....we know its a big ask but.....put yourself in Awols shoes....there but for the grace of god ..

What's the cut-off date? I can squeeze a bit more if it's after 5 June?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
What's the cut-off date? I can squeeze a bit more if it's after 5 June?
Ummm...I think once we have enough to get the kit back to the UK and its essentially done and dusted then we'll close it down for good.

If that Prick on the original thread hadn't been so malicious we'd have had this done and dusted by now. As it is we are having to ask for help to get this over the line, ONE spiteful, malicious, vindictive lizard has caused huge problems with funding ,which in turn has led to us having to pay for storage in France.

We will need a few more shekels to get this over the line.
Now..you have a choice...donate ..

Or your inbox gets rammed with scantily clad pics of "She who must not be named".
Choice is yours people.

Last edited:
Ummm...I think once we have enough to get the kit back to the UK and its essentially done and dusted then we'll close it down for good.

If that Prick on the original thread hadn't been so malicious we'd have had this done and dusted by now. As it is we are having to ask for help to get this over the line, ONE spiteful, malicious, vindictive lizard has caused huge problems with funding ,which in turn has led to us having to pay for storage in France.

We will need a few more shekels to get this over the line.
Now..you have a choice...donate ..

Or your inbox gets rammed with scantily clad pics of "She who must not be named".
Choice is yours people.
I've paid!!!!

Aquavite

War Hero

Over to you folks.
How about you don't have a monumental piss up using (presumably) their donations, and just use the money sensibly so there's not another "Standby, repatriation part 4".

Latest Threads