• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Standards of dress in the HCMR

Having just perused the online edition of the Daily Mail, I came across this article,

Follow her lead! Household Cavalry's first female bandmaster graduates today | Mail Online

Although in this pink and fluffy day and age it is nice to see that a female flute player can reach the lofty heights of a Bandmaster, I wonder if she had to quickly pose for the photo and forgot to take off her pyjama bottoms.

Having never been one of the smarter soldiers when I served, I was still faintly aware of the rules of mixed dress.

Or do all the HCMR soldiers wear pyjamas under their uniforms?

Nothing like a pair of Buckskins to make your legs sweat like a fucker on parade!

Nothing against women in the band - They were they in my time and make good riders and mussy's, but for fucks sake SQMC - sort that fucking tunic out! You could fit half of the band in that! Also she might have actually put her jackboots on before the photo? Maybe her standards from the TA and the Paras have just been to hard to get rid of!

Also any other HCMR on here - I thought no bugger had rank on a tunic? I never remember the Band master having any badges on? Or is she really TA on an S type (if they still do the S type one year) engagement?

Are you sure she's a WO1? She can't even manage to tie her own bootlaces up.

What a fucking mong, I think I've seen smarter looking cadets.

And the horses are better looking...

Are you sure she's a WO1? She can't even manage to tie her own bootlaces up.
What a fucking mong, I think I've seen smarter looking cadets.
And the horses are better looking...
I'd say most of the lads don't do there laces up, so they can slip combat boots off, jackboots on, but saying that, bing in the band, she has no curasses, which generally slice you in half at the belly when you try to bend over, so silly bitch should have done them up! Yeh I wondered 17 years for WO1, again, probably still a STAB who's got a passion for sucking the meat of sausages!

I'd say most of the lads don't do there laces up, so they can slip combat boots off, jackboots on, but saying that, bing in the band, she has no curasses, which generally slice you in half at the belly when you try to bend over, so silly bitch should have done them up! Yeh I wondered 17 years for WO1, again, probably still a STAB who's got a passion for sucking the meat of sausages!
More like sucking the juice out of sausages to get to WO1 in that time, and going on parade when she's obviously got dressed in the dark.

But is a WO1 bandy like a normal WO1? I think not. They're like this army male nurses with 2 tapes straight from nurse school who shit themselves when given anything 'military' to do, like wear a fucking uniform in a soldierly manner!

If anyone here, serving or ex, turned for a photo shoot, or any other parade, it'd be straight to pokey.

Mind yer fingers.

SLAM.

Shit it's dark in here.

ooooooh the shame for the Tins! bet the Dinks are loving it!
It's OK, it'll all turn around come the state opening of Parliment, one of the Dinks is bound to come off their nags on the parade! That's what they do best!

Besides - 1 gong? I remeber we had bandies then that had gongs before 2002, I think that at least 3 of them had a couple each! Mainly UN Cyprus and Bosnia!

Do you reckon someone might just have been trying to set her up to look a right twat, if so it was a resounding success. I notice in the second photo the state trumpeters are giving her the evil eye as well.

Nothing like a pair of Buckskins to make your legs sweat like a fucker on parade!

Nothing against women in the band - They were they in my time and make good riders and mussy's, but for fucks sake SQMC - sort that fucking tunic out! You could fit half of the band in that! Also she might have actually put her jackboots on before the photo? Maybe her standards from the TA and the Paras have just been to hard to get rid of!

Also any other HCMR on here - I thought no bugger had rank on a tunic? I never remember the Band master having any badges on? Or is she really TA on an S type (if they still do the S type one year) engagement?

Question :- Why does she have a Blues plume on her helmet when she is supposed to be the bandmaster of the Life Guards or is this another pony soldier funny rank / Custom ???

Latest Threads