Standards of behaviour on parade

aes69

Old-Salt

having been out the mob for 12 years I’m not up to date on current policies, but is this standard of behaviour acceptable or does it breach any regs (a specific would be great). Not interested in peoples opinions on the event or personal preference of the officer in the video, but I have been blasted on another forum by stating I find the behaviour unacceptable. I only served 22 years but have never seen anything like this, nor would it have been tolerated, so I’d like to know if it does or doesn’t contravene any regs.

As always, your collective knowledge would be appreciated.

having been out the mob for 12 years I’m not up to date on current policies, but is this standard of behaviour acceptable or does it breach any regs (a specific would be great). Not interested in peoples opinions on the event or personal preference of the officer in the video, but I have been blasted on another forum by stating I find the behaviour unacceptable. I only served 22 years but have never seen anything like this, nor would it have been tolerated, so I’d like to know if it does or doesn’t contravene any regs.

As the parade was Pride the behaviour was probably below par

philc

LE
I was going to be outraged however my gardar feels this is a bunch of crab fat ginger beers, so no change then.

Flossing. At Pride. Where the LGBTQIA Community are encouraged to express themselves.

It's not exactly the Queen's Birthday Parade.

Grow The **** Up.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
They're only loosely at the forming up stage... hardly on parade. I'm sure they were super smart for the proper bit. Did you never lark about a bit prior to forming up. Have a beer and relax ffs.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

You're too old, he's not going to bum you.

As said above, they were forming up on a special parade - it was hardly trooping the colour

As a long time site member and obvious vociferous poster :)boogie: ) didn't it remind you the forming up with muttering and farting and shuffling and more farting and general hungover wobbling and more farting before the grown ups appeared

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
At least they dont face the same stigma as they did years ago
Jimmy Edwards was gay, didnt stop him doing his bit , and being very self deprecating about it

As a long time site member and obvious vociferous poster :)boogie: ) didn't it remind you the forming up with muttering and farting and shuffling and more farting and general hungover wobbling and more farting before the grown ups appeared
And that was just the WRAC contingent.

As said above, they were forming up on a special parade - it was hardly trooping the colour

Birthday Parade 93? (probably 83, where did that decade go?) - absolutely bucketed down the whole time, and 'no capes' had been called before the first detachment left Chelsea, so that was it. Waiting in Buckingham Palace Road with the Depot Corps, the Drill Bloke did his version of Singing in the Rain before the arrival of the pink matchsticks (buff on That Rifle having run, and groomed bearskin caps flattened to the cane frame).

There is a time and a place, and I think that was it. No cameras to catch it in them days. Then the return to Chelsea in the usual manner, although there was a bit of a rush on - Step Out !, Step Out !

Last edited:

I don't want to get your blood pressure up further, but this kind of thing has always happened.

Here is a guardsman "planking" during Trooping of the Colour:
NHP_CHP_170617-Queen-Elizabeth-II_1588JPG.jpg

And here's a other who decided to engage in a spot of cloud gazing during an inspection:
A guard of honor passes out as Queen Elizabeth II rides past during the trooping the color par...jpg

Is now a good time to ask the OP if this is going as well as he thought?