Standards at Pirbright

I recently happened across this photo in the interweb. I'm led to believe that this is a TSC(B) passout parade - what in my day would have been called basic. From that I surmise that the apparition on the right is a training corporal. I would not let a recruit parade in that state let alone a training Corporal, wtf is going on at ATC Pribright.

Attachments

Standards,Pirbright?,both in the same sentence?,don't make me lafffff.....

the Tp Comd is incorrectly dressed too...she's in Service Dress, not FAD.

The reason the Cpl looks like a sack'o'shite is that he is in FAD. Pls somebody confirm that he is TAs...

The reason the Cpl looks like a sack'o'shite is that he is in FAD. Pls somebody confirm that he is TAs...
The female officer would appear to be a Lt Col and therefore the inspecting officer (presumably regular) not the Tp Comd. As stated earlier, DS at Pirbright would be regular. On a positive note, it's not often that the slime are the best turned out on a parade - well done that lad.

The female officer would appear to be a Lt Col and therefore the inspecting officer (presumably regular) not the Tp Comd..
irrespective, still incorrectly dressed. If a Lt Col, my eyesight isn't that good, then i know who it is - she's a friend of mine...i'll have a quiet word later about the FAD/SD issue...

D_D, she is a Lt Col, however I'm not sure you can be incorrectly dressed in SD rather than FAD - I certainly haven't been issued mine yet (I wouldn't mind as my SD appears to have shrunk in my wardrobe). Having seen people in FAD, even allegedly tailored, it all looks like a sack of shit; it is embarrassing especially when stood amongst a multinational audience in their national equivalent order of dress.

He is well turned out - by comparison, but is it just me or is his beret 10 sizes too big?

..or is his head 10 sizes too small?

looks to be a TA passout to me, when i did my TA basic there we passed out in cs95 and all the DS and other staff were all regulars and in 2's dress

He is well turned out - by comparison, but is it just me or is his beret 10 sizes too big?

..or is his head 10 sizes too small?
To be fair it is 'kin hard to get a small crown INT Corp beret nowadays (not to mention unreasonable to expect lads and lasses to buy them), the issue ones are unfortunately of the HLS variety. No doubt it's AGC not Cypress green as well.

I don't think so, not it should make a difference anyway. I understood the training team even on the TA courses at ATC(P) were from the Regular staff of the ATC.
I did my TSC(B) at Pirbright in '09 and one of our DS was TA on FTRS.

In what way does FAD render a soldier incapable of standing up straight and looking to his front whilst at the position of attention?

did he look like a pile of shit at your passing off parade?
Put it this way. The (regular Infantry) Platoon Sergeant had to make a few minor last minute adjustments as we stood on parade.