Standard Operating Procedures SOP's

I am after a hand from the wise old warriors of ARSE; I've been tasked to start looking at SOP's for operations and was wondering if any of you old sweats have any old examples I could have a read through to get me started? Many thanks in advance for your help.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I am after a hand from the wise old warriors of ARSE; I've been tasked to start looking at SOP's for operations and was wondering if any of you old sweats have any old examples I could have a read through to get me started? Many thanks in advance for your help.
What sort of unit is this for? There'll be quite a bit of difference between an AI Bn and a mobile bath and laundry unit..

Agreed. You'll get all the SOP's relevant to your role/AO as and when you need them. As they get changed and refined fairly often due to lessons learnt, that's probably a good thing.

That's a silly question. You can call getting out of bed an SOP.

Or section battle drills.

All it means is 'round here and right now, that goes without saying'

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
"Close with the enemy and kill them. Doesn't really matter how, just get it done. Any plan going into it will go to ratshit at the first contact anyway. Cost of failure is death".

There you go. Anything beyond that is mere detail.

View attachment 259221

I'm still using these ones. Don't tell me they've been changed for some modern rubbish!
Was there a shortage of ink on the print run in Jan 85? "Restd"??? I would assume that is some ********'s idea of a security classification. However, it's not classified at all.

Ah yes, the SECRET operation order. Let's write "SCT" on the top and bottom of every page, front & back and page count every numbered copy. Or not.

Was there a shortage of ink on the print run in Jan 85? "Restd"??? I would assume that is some ********'s idea of a security classification. However, it's not classified at all.

Ah yes, the SECRET operation order. Let's write "SCT" on the top and bottom of every page, front & back and page count every numbered copy. Or not.
There was a Cold War on! :)

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
If in danger or in doubt,
Don't run in circles, scream and shout -
Turn in my boy, and sleep it out.

Go on Dii, find someone elses, plagiarise, adapt to your hearts content, pass it off as all your own work. Job jobbed.