Standard Learning Credits.

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Mar 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. AGC type personnel, please advise.

    can these be used for literature to do with your trade????

    thanks in advance.

  2. AKTE-SLCs must be used for a course of study that's approved by the AEC clk. In reaL terms this means anything from Open University to something work related as long as there is a course of study involved and you have to pay for it. The maximum you can claim is 80% of the cost (max £175). SLCs cannot be used to buy books or to pay for accreditation to a proffessional body (C&G, ILM, CIMA, CMI etc). I use mine nearly every year and try and get others to do so. It's free cash! Hope this helps.
  3. As an educator can I just say how glad I am to hear someone uses their SLCs. It's £175 we give the guys every year and hardly anyone uses them.

    You are also correct in that you cannot use it for course material. You must pre register your course (Level three or higher) with the ETS at your local Ed centre. Once the course is completed, you then claim the money back retrospectively. PM me if you have any other questions.
  4. Well well! I never knew you could use it yearly! I shall be taking myself to the Education Centre soonest to get myself on a course. By yearly, do you mean tax yearly or normal yearly?
  5. april to april mate.
  6. Just added to say, it is ELC, not SLC that is Level 3 (i.e A level) and higher. SLC can be used from GCSE (Levels 1 & 2). I should say that it was a fellow educator who pointed this out to me!

    And yes, like they said above, yearly april to april. Get your boys and girls down and using them!