Standard Issue Boots

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by maybepoc, Apr 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Looking to buy some new standard issue boots for my hopfully upcoming POC. But i cant find any where that stocks them apart from grade 1s and 2s. Can anyone point me in the right direction please to find a new pair?

Thank You

2. No such thing as standard now, well more or less, with the new brown boots being rolled out there's a choice of two witching each category you're entitled to. Even us TA/Reserves have a choice, Altberg or Haix and that's as an everyday boot.....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anybody know when the brown boots are going be rolled out? I need to get my (black) Altbergs re-soled but I'm not paying 40 quid if its anytime soon.

4. I make that May 2014 for my lot then as we are always well behind the curve.

5. Just out of interest if you are going on a POC course and were told you would need some, shouldn't you have been issued some?

6. Afternoon, I spoke to Cadet Direct before i posted this and bloke on the phone says they not the standard issue ones they are a generic boot called British assault. Benny, on a prmc you normally get used boots issued on the day you arrived and a new pair on completion but on a POC its advised to have a pair of well broken in boots to take down with you.

Cheers for the replys guys

7. I've used pre-worn Grade 1 boots before with no dramas whatsoever. They'll do for what you need.