Stand by to be blasted,,,,,

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Jun 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On June the 13/14 the Sun shot out 2 M class solar flares,both are heading towards Earth,the first is travelling at 375mps and is not expected to cause problems,however the second flare is travelling at 800mps and is expected to impact Earth and Mars,,,,both flares are due to reach Earth on June 16th......

New solar active region spitting out flares
  2. I think its safe to say Scotland definitely isn't getting any bloody sun any time soon.

Sent from my electronic brick
  3. Good, it's bloody freezing here...
  4. Ah global warming at last.
  5. Morning or afternoon?

I only ask because I have got a plumber booked for the afternoon and if the world is going to end I might as well cancel.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah a bit more info might save my Missus cleaning the oven too. Ah **** it, I'll not say anything, it keeps her out of the way.
  7. Why worry, he won't turn up till a week on Tuesday.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. He's Polish not English. He'll be there. Best cancel.
  9. I'll put the washing out then!
  10. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

So, don't light the barbeque, just lay the food out on the grill...?
  11. I've done a quick calculation and it could be at about 3pm. But the data I've used is littered with "about"s so it would be wise to have an early lunch if you're going to fit in a last shag.
  12. Anybody notice anything?
  13. A little more interference than normal on the Marine VHF band. But that could be down to a couple of foreign-crewed supply boats in the locality.
  14. Well I'd like to think the missus did, but I'm far too polite to ask.

Nice lunch, but a little early..
  15. Phone battery went from near full to 3% at about 1100- 1200