stand at ease

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flash MacTavish, Sep 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been reading the fat bastard thread, re. the old fart wandering about with his hands behind his back.
    While I don't do this as a rule, I have noticed that any time I stand still anywhere, I automaticaly adopt the at ease position. Does this apply to most of us here, or am I the only brainwashed one?
  2. Fasten those buttons, submarine hatches etc etc search function, stand easy, hands off cocks, on with socks.
  3. Errr...something along those lines I suppose.

4. No you are a Prince Phil-lip walt, that is all.
  5. Tis possible...I do tend to suffer from foot in mouth at times, and do not suffer fools gladly, which seems to be a cardinal sin now.
  6. I'll have two pies and a fag break.
  7. I see what you did there...
  8. I was going to provide a lengthy explanation,as why you are a knob, but I then decided that it was a lot less effort to call you a knob.

9. Do you march through your local supermarket, swinging your arms shoulder height? Coco pops IN the trolley, 2,3.
  10. always take the easy way out, well done that man.
  11. fishing is not bad this morning.
  12. As a rule, no, though I still put a vertical bar through a capital Z. There are odd exceptions when bits of the other life sneak in - last one was doing the OSCE's on the medic course. I was so concentrated on drills, the last time I did them was in the firm, that when I was called forward I realised that I had the clipboard tucked neatly under my extended left arm, right hand in the small of the back, feet shoulder width apart.

Felt like a right cock when the (ex-para) instructor pointed it out
  13. I thought you'd be used to that by now. :cool:
  14. I do actually, especially when recce-ing building sites etc. I suppose its habitual after the 12 months JLR.

My good friend Jarrod, I thought you d be more prone in adopting the "First medical examination" stance, surely?
  15. Yay! Never gets old that one. Good effort that man