Stand as an Independant MP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Man_at_MAN, May 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I light of the current situation, maybe we should all think about standing as 'Independant' MP's.

People wishing to stand as an MP must be over 18 years of age, and a British citizen, or citizen of a Commonwealth country or the Republic of Ireland.

Candidates must be nominated by ten parliamentary electors of the constituency they wish to stand in.

Authorisation is required to stand for a specific party, otherwise candidates will be described as independent or have no description.

In order to encourage only serious candidates to stand, a £500 deposit is required when submitting the nomination papers - returned if the candidate receives over five per cent of the total votes cast.

Certain people are disqualified from standing as an MP - please check the Electoral Commission website for further details.

See links:

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/members/electing_mps/candidates.cfm

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/members/pay_mps.cfm

2. That looks like a very interesting job for when I am thrown out of the mob. Do you have any idea what the salary, pension and perks of the job are like? I wouldn't normally get out of bed for anything less than the national average salary (£25k)? :D

Litotes

3. The ARRSE Party - because the rest are full of sh1t! :D

Any chance we can convince The Lumley to be Party Leader? 8)

4. I want a peerage! Who I gotta bribe in this ARRSE Party? I'm not sitting in the House of Commons with the plebs!

5. Better to stand for the European Parliament, the trough's much deeper there and it looks like the river's running dry in the UK. :lol:

6. She'll get my vote!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vote for ARRSE! You KNOW it's right!

Rodney2q

7. What about standing in local council elections? They're more frequent and can form an indicator as to how your party are doing. It could be jolly fun to swamp the next local elections with the ARRSE party to give MPs a bit of a shock!

8. I have already pledged my allegiance to a Mr J Clarkson, but if Joanna were to stand, I'd certainly turn coat :)

9. Lumley the Avenger for Party Leader.

Clarkson for Home Secretary.

Job done. :D

10. How about a stance of...

"if elected I will milk the system for all it's worth for my own and your benefit!!"

win/win situation really

11. here her murmur murmur

12. I am amazed actually that some ex military top brass havent already discussed starting a party to challenge the rest of the S~ite that are trying to run this country?

I am sure it could be possible, maybe poach some of the half decent MP's that whant to work for a living.
    :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Any takers?

13. The Party should be called "Protest Vote" imagine how many punters would tick that box now?

14. Sorry.

Whilst it was in good faith that I suggested that you should stand as an 'Independant MP', a job I though would be a money making venture, it has been pointed out that I should of said 'Independent MP'. Whilst not operating outside the rules of the website in putting in a typing error, I feel I must now apologise to all and promise that I will try hard next time.

Funny what a bit of public opinion does?

15. What, all three of them?! 8O :roll: