Stamp Out Online Echo Chambers

Who blabbed about the existence of the GFTFTPOFFOP group?

We are supposed to be a secret group, but only because no bugger can remember what the acronym stands for.
When the revolution comes, you and the rest of the funghophiles will be first* against the wall.

* By using the term ‘first’ I do not intend any discrimination against those who self identify as any other numeric value. ARRSE is an Equal Numeric Value web site.

You under estimate the fuckwittery of Parliament. We have hate speech laws and a push for misogyny to be classed as hate crime.
That was probably the idea of some stupid bitch in need of a taste of a backhander.

That was probably the idea of some stupid bitch in need of a taste of a backhander.
Flatdicks Eh? Somewhere some dishes are being left unattended.

a push for misogyny to be classed as hate crime.
I can see a few left-wing heads imploding at the conflict: how to excuse misogyny when perpetrated by a pet religious minority at the same time as trumpeting that it's a hate crime. Delicious...

Flatdicks Eh? Somewhere some dishes are being left unattended.
As I got a dislike from Purple Flash I assume somewhere is her kitchen.

It's not the end of arrse. Which is both an echo chamber and forum for opposing thought and debate. It's the end of the internet.

Forums were marked out to die a few years back. It will take a few years still. But there won't be any forums in 2030. You laugh, but you never even had a concept of what a forum was even 20 years ago, most of you. We're just at the median point.

This seems to be going after people who do such naughty things like setting up Discord servers. It's a bit like saying you can't send a letter to your mum or phone your mate, because that's private and you are up to no good and we will not allow it.

More totalitarian bullshit from those that don't understand the internet. Well, it's inverted Totalitarianism really, with a healthy dose of Anarcho Tyranny thrown in. Selectively enforced rules against those that the bully boys don't like.

Free speech for me but not for thee.

Arrse is an incredible website. It does things that other websites can only dream about. It fulfills a role and is very functional and utilitarian for many of its users. It's also in the dark ages with regard to free speech (I understand why, not knocking it - free speech doesn't really exist anywhere anyway). And more than that it's so behind the times, generally speaking, of what is happening now, and is about to happen.

So Arrse is safe. It provides more status quo reinforcement. It doesn't kick against the pricks. It's a safe site. People can rant, people can go hog wild sometimes - it's an outlet. It's allowed to exist. And in exchange, a contract is enforced. Certain words shall not be used. Certain ideas shall not be put forward.

It's ok. It's better that way. It needs to be that way, in fact. It's its own little club. A small but very influential part of the internet.

They won't come for arrse. Not for a while yet anyway.

Forums are just a dying medium anyway. I've written about this a lot and can't be bothered to go through it again. Basically, everyone who has a computer is already connected to the net and involved in whatever forum takes their fancy. Familiarity breeds contempt. Some people make friends and form 'in-groups' but most of us are on the outside looking in, providing 'free content' for you all. Providing amusements for you to laugh at. And after a while, it gets old. What you put in and don't get back becomes a good reason to just become indifferent.

Again, not talking personally, but generally. Familiarity does indeed breed contempt. I love arrse. I love its sheer unbridled brutality. Though it is being sanitized, which is both a good and a bad thing, I just have to go along with the ride.

Certain words may be banned, but certain ways of expressing certain things have not been ruled out by the content filter yet. Man will always find a way to cut another man down. With just one word, or with a sequence of them.

Arrse is not an echo chamber. Despite my initial protestations in my opening sentence. There is a lot of good conflict here. The people who run the site must have to fight to keep this going. It's one of the last places on the net you can have a good row, at least with people who you semi-respect. You can fall out and still be good friends in the morning if you are man enough. Not everyone is. But many are. This is just my observation anyway.

Arrse is also that most rarest of things: a place on the internet that is allowed to exist for data mining purposes. So many people, with their situational awareness guard down, freely giving up all those personal details and thoughts. Gold Mine!

And the thoughts and opinions of people who post on this site really matter. They are held in high regard, believe it or not. For more than one reason. This will go on with the owners of the site totally oblivious to it, I should imagine. It's probably something they don't want to think about. No one wants to think about it.

It's a place to let off steam. It's pretty much self-policing. It works.

But if you think that this will be a sounding board or step off point for like minded souls to set up a Discord server to talk about, say, the problems that face Europe right now, well, there's a law for that, coming in to internetshire very soon for you.

Freedom of expression is ok up to a point. So as we know what you are thinking. And freedom of association is ok to, up to a point, to see who you are mixing with. But more than that? We will nip you in the bud. Because we know you know. We know you want our heads on sticks. And we will do everything to shut you down before it ever gets to that stage.

But all this is moot really.

It's the major platforms like youtube where the real battle lies. And that is already won. They have shut it down. Shadow banning is rife. They have teams of real life people monitoring 'bad actors' in real time. It's the Stasi on steroids. And it's reality. De-platformed and un-personed.

Arrse is not where the good fight is being fought. Not in that sense anyway. There will be no revolution here. So it's safe.

On youtube, however, well, there is a call to arms, for bloody revolution. The people want this. They want to make it happen. They want to die for what they believe in. They are ready to give their lives. So they say. So they think. Their lives have become so dull and they are so desensitized to every day day affairs, they feel like they have nothing to lose. They wouldn't be the first people in history or through the ages to feel this ennui.

That is where we're at. As a society.

Youtube, though, is also where the greatest censorship is taking place. A few dozen nuts on a discord server? Jokes.

I suppose it's a good thing that most people are so small minded and petty and prepared to cut their nose off to spite their face. Otherwise we'd all be in some real trouble by now. I've watched these would be revolutionaries and they really are Citizen Smith types. Human nature. So many want to be the leader of the glorious revolution.

They will stamp out the online echo chambers. But they can only do it by destroying the internet, which they have half-way completed by now anyway.

If a true technological alternative ever springs up, well, there's 20 percent of the population ready to go - more than enough for a revolution - and then there will be heads on sticks.

The beast is afraid. It is lashing out. It is making mistakes. They are hysterical. This will be their downfall.

We just want to live in peace, but they will not let us.

The game is already over with data rape and privacy rape of the average citizen/subject. Banning a few 'private groups' won't matter now.

But no, arrse will be safe.

All the while, men huddle in darkened corners, trying to find a way. No government legislation can account for them and their deeds.

Haystacks, needles. Not enough man power to sift it all. So the 'government' has decided to get in to a bit of asymmetric warfare themselves.

It didn't have to be this way. So much fear. Most people just want to live in peace and share ideas of how to make all our lives better.

Maybe I'm just talking shit. I'm just trying to send some notes from the edge. Something is brewing. I'm trying to articulate it best I can, but I can't.

I can see a few left-wing heads imploding at the conflict: how to excuse misogyny when perpetrated by a pet religious minority at the same time as trumpeting that it's a hate crime. Delicious...
In the Victims of Oppression Top Trumps enhanced melanin content beats all other categories on any card.

Sort of on topic but what are we supposed to call them this week? Chockos is apparently out.

It's not the end of arrse. Which is both an echo chamber and forum for opposing thought and debate. It's the end of the internet.

Forums were marked out to die a few years back. It will take a few years still. But there won't be any forums in 2030. You laugh, but you never even had a concept of what a forum was even 20 years ago, most of you. We're just at the median point.

This seems to be going after people who do such naughty things like setting up Discord servers. It's a bit like saying you can't send a letter to your mum or phone your mate, because that's private and you are up to no good and we will not allow it.

More totalitarian bullshit from those that don't understand the internet. Well, it's inverted Totalitarianism really, with a healthy dose of Anarcho Tyranny thrown in. Selectively enforced rules against those that the bully boys don't like.

Arrse is an incredible website. It does things that other websites can only dream about. It fulfills a role and is very functional and utilitarian for many of its users. It's also in the dark ages with regard to free speech (I understand why, not knocking it - free speech doesn't really exist anywhere anyway). And more than that it's so behind the times, generally speaking, of what is happening now, and is about to happen.

So Arrse is safe. It provides more status quo reinforcement. It doesn't kick against the pricks. It's a safe site. People can rant, people can go hog wild sometimes - it's an outlet. It's allowed to exist. And in exchange, a contract is enforced. Certain words shall not be used. Certain ideas shall not be put forward.

It's ok. It's better that way. It needs to be that way, in fact. It's its own little club. A small but very influential part of the internet.

Forums are just a dying medium anyway. I've written about this a lot and can't be bothered to go through it again. Basically, everyone who has a computer is already connected to the net and involved in whatever forum takes their fancy. Familiarity breeds contempt. Some people make friends and form 'in-groups' but most of us are on the outside looking in, providing 'free content' for you all. Providing amusements for you to laugh at. And after a while, it gets old. What you put in and don't get back becomes a good reason to just become indifferent.

Again, not talking personally, but generally. Familiarity does indeed breed contempt. I love arrse. I love its sheer unbridled brutality. Though it is being sanitized, which is both a good and a bad thing, I just have to go along with the ride.

Certain words may be banned, but certain ways of expressing certain things have not been ruled out by the content filter yet. Man will always find a way to cut another man down. With just one word, or with a sequence of them.

Arrse is not an echo chamber. Despite my initial protestations in my opening sentence. There is a lot of good conflict here. The people who run the site must have to fight to keep this going. It's one of the last places on the net you can have a good row, at least with people who you semi-respect. You can fall out and still be good friends in the morning if you are man enough. Not everyone is. But many are. This is just my observation anyway.

Arrse is also that most rarest of things: a place on the internet that is allowed to exist for data mining purposes. So many people, with their situational awareness guard down, freely giving up all those personal details and thoughts. Gold Mine!

And the thoughts and opinions of people who post on this site really matter. They are held in high regard, believe it or not. For more than one reason. This will go on with the owners of the site totally oblivious to it, I should imagine. It's probably something they don't want to think about. No one wants to think about it.

But if you think that this will be a sounding board or step off point for like minded souls to set up a Discord server to talk about, say, the problems that face Europe right now, well, there's a law for that, coming in to internetshire very soon for you.

Freedom of expression is ok up to a point. So as we know what you are thinking. And freedom of association is ok to, up to a point, to see who you are mixing with. But more than that? We will nip you in the bud. Because we know you know. We know you want our heads on sticks. And we will do everything to shut you down before it ever gets to that stage.

It's the major platforms like youtube where the real battle lies. And that is already won. They have shut it down. Shadow banning is rife. They have teams of real life people monitoring 'bad actors' in real time. It's the Stasi on steroids. And it's reality. De-platformed and un-personed.

Arrse is not where the good fight is being fought. Not in that sense anyway. There will be no revolution here. So it's safe.

On youtube, however, well, there is a call to arms, for bloody revolution. The people want this. They want to make it happen. They want to die for what they believe in. They are ready to give their lives. So they say. So they think. Their lives have become so dull and they are so desensitized to every day day affairs, they feel like they have nothing to lose. They wouldn't be the first people in history or through the ages to feel this ennui.

Youtube, though, is also where the greatest censorship is taking place. A few dozen nuts on a discord server? Jokes.

I suppose it's a good thing that most people are so small minded and petty and prepared to cut their nose off to spite their face. Otherwise we'd all be in some real trouble by now. I've watched these would be revolutionaries and they really are Citizen Smith types. Human nature. So many want to be the leader of the glorious revolution.

They will stamp out the online echo chambers. But they can only do it by destroying the internet, which they have half-way completed by now anyway.

If a true technological alternative ever springs up, well, there's 20 percent of the population ready to go - more than enough for a revolution - and then there will be heads on sticks.

The beast is afraid. It is lashing out. It is making mistakes. They are hysterical. This will be their downfall.

The game is already over with data rape and privacy rape of the average citizen/subject. Banning a few 'private groups' won't matter now.

All the while, men huddle in darkened corners, trying to find a way. No government legislation can account for them and their deeds.

Haystacks, needles. Not enough man power to sift it all. So the 'government' has decided to get in to a bit of asymmetric warfare themselves.

It didn't have to be this way. So much fear. Most people just want to live in peace and share ideas of how to make all our lives better.

Maybe I'm just talking shit. I'm just trying to send some notes from the edge. Something is brewing. I'm trying to articulate it best I can, but I can't.
Flipping heck!

It's not often you get a post written like that.
Whether it's moonhowlery or not, I enjoyed your musings and the perspective you came from, and agree with many points made.

Sort of on topic but what are we supposed to call them this week? Chockos is apparently out.
Choccos of Colour I think it is. (2 c's, no k)

The K was deemed a micro aggression as it indicates sympathies towards the KKK so it has been replaced with a new approved letter.

Whatever next, no gathering in groups of more than 2 unless supervised by a state party representative?

I have to that some websites are a little distasteful, having seen a few posts on 4chan with posters trying to convince someone to publicly off themselves, whilst I suspect the attention whore who started said posts was achieving their goal then flipping the page to Mexican chain saw surgery and then to some tw@ killing a dog. But then I know exactly where the off button is or the browser for other things.

Nah. The left are about virtue signalling on whichever topic is the destination of the outrage bus du jour.

Seeing the big picture is too much like actual politics.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
She's probably just envious that certain fora have some decent looking bints on it, not Shergar look-a-likes!
Lucy-Powell-MP.jpg

The proposed bill is also interesting because of the assumptions behind it, one of which is that many people form opinions based on what they read online. I don't think that is entirety correct: finding someone who agrees with you might give you more confidence that your view is correct but your opinion about a subject that interests you is likely largely formed before you find related content online. Even if (and the chance of any private members bill to become law is low) this bill becomes law, it will not prevent people from thinking and from finding ways to share their opinions.
Thinking about @Tommy_Sun 's post, the Internet is of great utility to the state, even while it enables activity which causes the state concern: the seriously disaffected, or those on a journey to radicalisation, helpfully report themselves to the security services via the very forums that the private members bill seeks to control. There's some evidence from terror trials that those who become violently radicalised avoid the Web for those reasons.
Better (from the state's perspective) to leave forums as a safety valve and information resource than suppress them, or censor them, and to drive the 'unsafe' views to other platforms which may be less easy to monitor.

TL,DR.

Submitting to said misogyny is actually an empowering decision, you woman-hating bigot.

See? Easy.