Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Made you think . . . . .

" , , , , I would"?​
Well obvs...but it also made me think

' Goats - you are aware that if you post anything with Stalingrad in the title the thread will run to at least 5 pages ? And,filled with the most inane 'how many angels can dance on the head of a pin ?' drivel from posters who wish to derail the whole thing on to their favourite hobby horse for hours - aren't you ? '

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well obvs...but it also made me think

' Goats - you are aware that if you post anything with Stalingrad in the title the thread will run to at least 5 pages ? And,filled with the most inane 'how many angels can dance on the head of a pin ?' drivel from posters who wish to derail the whole thing on to their favourite hobby horse for hours - aren't you ? '
It seems an unwritten rule of ARRSE that any thread about a specific operation or battle of ww2 will either go down the Germans lost the war at point X route or occasionally could a German invasion of the UK ever have happened.

It seems an unwritten rule of ARRSE that any thread about a specific operation or battle of ww2 will either go down the Germans lost the war at point X route or occasionally could a German invasion of the UK ever have happened.
It wouldn't surprise me if it happened in a thread about appendectomies.

You guys certainly make awesome WW2 movies. I watched Liberation (Освобождениеa) a few years ago and it was a couple of hours long. It's interesting that the Soviets were still ahead of the West in their portrayal of women in war films, but in society they were and still are more traditional. I always quite liked the nurse, Zoia.

Unfortunately there's not that many good pics of her.
She is a well known actress Larisa Golubkina (now she is 80yo). Maybe she is not a splendid beauty but no doubt very handsome.

1594059043556.png

The film is about Napoleon invasion (1812) in Russia and
... romanticizes the adventures of Nadezhda Durova during the Napoleonic wars. The swift paced, action packed, humor filled adventure is ingeniously mixed with light-hearted acting bravado and memorable operetta pieces.
The leading roles — those of the cavalry maiden Shurochka Azarova and the dashing hussar Poruchik Dmitry Rzhevsky — were played by ... Larisa Golubkina and ... Yuri Yakovlev, respectively.
1594059473340.png

Latest Threads