• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Stalin Blocked Hitler Assasination Attempts

And? By '43 it was a given in the west that Hitler in control was infinitely better than someone who had the nouse to give his subordinates a bit of Mission Command.

Stalin may have had his own reasons, but it was the right decision.

MrShanklysboots said:
And? By '43 it was a given in the west that Hitler in control was infinitely better than someone who had the nouse to give his subordinates a bit of Mission Command.

I've heard the same too.

It was interesting tho' that the Soviets had a 'mole' friendly with the Nazi bigwigs. I wonder if the western allies had the same.

Outstanding said:
Probably self preservation, after all if Hitler was dead who was the next biggest murdering git around at the time --Stalin??

I am not porepared to do the research to prove it but I rather think that when it comes to total body count, it might be the other way round!

B

benjaminw1

Blokeonabike said:
Outstanding said:
Probably self preservation, after all if Hitler was dead who was the next biggest murdering git around at the time --Stalin??

I am not porepared to do the research to prove it but I rather think that when it comes to total body count, it might be the other way round!
I think you would be right...

benjaminw1 said:
Blokeonabike said:
Outstanding said:

so now I am confused, can you say simply who you think was responsible for more Deaths :

Hitler

or

Stalin

B

benjaminw1

Outstanding said:
benjaminw1 said:
Blokeonabike said:
Outstanding said:

so now I am confused, can you say simply who you think was responsible for more Deaths :

Hitler

or

Stalin
Stalin

MrShanklysboots said:

Churchill came to the same conclusion as well, and is even rumoured to have stopped a couple of assassination attempts.

johnboyzzz said:
I thought Hitler had 50odd million and Stalin, throughout his reign was 80odd million
Approx 13M for Adolf if you remove the war stats (but not the POWs) and 20M for Josef; but all that depends on which source you use and which figures they include.

(the 80M figure was a pre1991 SWAG - and a bad one)

Gremlin said:
johnboyzzz said:
I thought Hitler had 50odd million and Stalin, throughout his reign was 80odd million
Approx 13M for Adolf if you remove the war stats (but not the POWs) and 20M for Josef; but all that depends on which source you use and which figures they include.

Even a quick sweep on google there is a vast range for each of them, I don't think anyone will know the truth

johnboyzzz said:
Gremlin said:
johnboyzzz said:

Even a quick sweep on google there is a vast range for each of them, I don't think anyone will know the truth
Yup it's impossible to ever accurately evaluate.

This site gives some quite balanced stats from numerous sources:

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm

BlueDanubeWalt said:
Post it on the right thread..WW2 finished in the 20th century... 8)
That could have been vaguely witty if :

a) It didn't refer to a recent/current Press release.

b) You had said Forum and not thread.

Muppet. :roll:

Latest Threads