Stair lift for sale

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A neighbour ( ex Glosters) has a stairlift in his house, fitted for his wife who passed away, it has been used for about a year
its battery operated and has two sections, I tried it today but the battery was flat as he unplugged it last year and the kids have used it, the charger is back on and I will check it tomorrow, I will also test the battery
it will be removed after testing and all stacked ready for collection
it cost him over 2 grand
any sensible offer would be appreciated, i will remove it for you and make tea and help load it, the runners will fit into an estate car
heres a video of the exact thing with a ghost working it

he also has a very little used folding wheelchair for sale
will post some pictures of it later
its easy to install, just screw the mounts to the stair treads and lock the bolts up, then plug the charger into a socket outlet
I am not putting it on Ebay as I have had enough of dealing with cretins to last me a lifetime
any questions answered as best I can
cheers

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'd take it off your hands, but I don't think the neighbours upstairs would take too kindly to me popping up through their floor :mrgreen:

My mother had a stair lift new @ £1500 & moved to bungalow

Low voltage plug top transformer & 2x7Ah lead acid battery in the base of the chair commonly found in intruder alarm panel

IIRC, remove chair off track by hand winding, the tack is removed by unscrewing 4 screws in each plate 2 blokes can lift it out the house & placed onto the roof of a berlingo van

Sold for £200, to a used stair lift fitter, if you vcan put up with working in the piss stained houses of OAP's I bet you could make good living as the guy said he's get a grand for it refitted.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
My mother had a stair lift new @ £1500 & moved to bungalow

Low voltage plug top transformer & 2x7Ah lead acid battery in the base of the chair commonly found in intruder alarm panel

IIRC, remove chair off track by hand winding, the tack is removed by unscrewing 4 screws in each plate 2 blokes can lift it out the house & placed onto the roof of a berlingo van

Sold for £200, to a used stair lift fitter, if you vcan put up with working in the piss stained houses of OAP's I bet you could make good living as the guy said he's get a grand for it refitted.
I am hoping to cut out the middleman and let some one get it for a decent price, the origional suppliers wanted 100 pounds to remove it and said it would be scrapped, a likely story

quickest way to move its - "stairlifts wanted" in google ?

ask the nearest, they'll want to know make & model + rail length

Why does the cable of the lamp disappear behind the top of the skirting board?

Capture.PNG

Did you put that in?

... snip...
if you vcan put up with working in the piss stained houses of OAP's I bet you could make good living as the guy said he's get a grand for it refitted.
I have an acquaintance who has a stair lift business. She spends a lot of time chasing payment through probate and from relatives as her clients have a habit of dying before paying the bill.

You're right about the pissy carpets though, and a couple of decades worth of detritus to be dealt with before they can fit the thing.

Stick a couple of 200Ah aircraft spec NiCads in there and see if it can fire a person through the upstairs lav window into the neighbours' pool.

Wouldn't know. Never seen them. Like the Marmite flavour ones though.
Before your time laddie. For your info, little old lady pinches one of lineker's crisps, so he activates the stair lift into turbo mode, which fires her up the stair well at mark 2, and out the half landing window. It was withdrawn for obvious reasons.

Serious note: Unless it's a completely bog standard straight staircase of a standard length then it's worth scrap value.

The entire stairlift industry is a scam. The bits are essentially meccano cut to length. The only bits that change are the exact angle of the chair (adjustable) and if you need a bend then they cost more. The only ones that are slightly tricky to make are stairs with a bend on the rise.

If you get a couple of hundred quid trade-in then count yourself lucky.

The suppliers will "refurbish" it an flog it to someone else for 10x more than they pay you for it.

SWMBO used to deal with the suppliers all the time (for about 10 years)

Before your time laddie. For your info, little old lady pinches one of lineker's crisps, so he activates the stair lift into turbo mode, which fires her up the stair well at mark 2, and out the half landing window. It was withdrawn for obvious reasons.
Nope. Wrong country. Don't get Walker's in SA. Used to scoff them working in the UK but usually too shagged out or bored to watch TV so it was either the pub or one off the wrist and hit the sack.

The entire disability aids industry is a scam. You're 85, you still want to use the upstairs toilet rather than befoul the lounge commode, how much can they get away with charging?

Nope. Wrong country. Don't get Walker's in SA. Used to scoff them working in the UK but usually too shagged out or bored to watch TV so it was either the pub or one off the wrist and hit the sack.

My profound apologies old mate, we here in the old country have had to suffer the twat Lineker and the bloody annoying crisp adverts since gods dog was a pup, you have been spared a life sapping experience. note:- They asked for new flavour suggestions, the winner gets a free burial at sea, or something like that, anyhow, I suggested, Mermaid & Gerbil, and Unicorn & hedgehog. They did not reply,.. funny that!

Latest Threads