Stagging On - ID Checks!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by leeanne, Mar 14, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I don't know if anybody will agree with me here, but everytime that I or anybody else that is well known in my Regiment tries to get into camp - we always get asked for ID! Now do'nt get me wrong here, but I've had my fair share of stagging on at the gate to last me a bloody lifetime and I know that the rules are the rules, but it's different when you know somebody, right??............Now I know that the ACG'S are a bit different, and they tend to get on your nerves that little bit more by asking you for ID everytime you go in, even though they've known you for the past bloody 6 years or so!

My point is that, Yes Iv'e done my job correctly when it's come to stagging on, but I would never go messing anybody about at 0700hrs in the morning by asking them for thier ID, especially if I know who they are, and the worst thing is, by our camp doing this - There's a queue going right outside the camp gates every morning holding up all the traffic, and making us even later!!!

My saying is - The best form of identity is knowing somebody!!!!!! So why do people go out of thier way to make life harder for you???

Agree's or Disagree's??????

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Leeanne i agree with you however:

As Guard Commander during your 24 hrs you have to abide by the rules of the RSM.  If the RSM writes his orders and states (which he will) that all IDs are to be checked then thats just the way it is.

If the "Big Badge" catches one of your guard not checking them then i will guarantee it is you who will be getting the extras.

The morning is when your guard need to be the most high profile as every man and his dog is coming through the gate and the last thing you need is someone to complain about your guard.

One last word:   Security...  ;D

3. Gunners,  You do'nt think that I know that?? Believe me, I know more than you think!! Here's another one for you - A little nig asked the RSM for his ID when he came into camp, as he did'nt know who he was.......And the RSM ripped his head off for not knowing who he was, and for having the cheek to ask him for his ID!!
    Now your not gonna tell me that all RSM's/BSM's are different, as their not - If they make them rules, I'm sure that they have to abide by them aswell!!

Stupid rules I say!!  If you know them, let them in - If you do'nt, check their ID!  Saves a whole lot of time and messing about!! ;D

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Part of the issue is consistency. If you check the ID of someone you don't recognise, you check the ID of someone you do recognise, simlpy because that's what you have been instructed to do. Agree it's a pain, as are random car searches, but it's a necessary evil.

Also ID Cards are an accountable document, and by checking security you ensure that people look after them. If you know you aren't going to report in without a degree of hassle without it, you keep it somewhere safe. In small establishments it could be entierly possible that someone who looses their ID card and gets waved through the gates for weeks or months on end before it ever comes to anyone's attention that Bloggs has lost his ID card.

5. CMT

CMT Clanker

You get paid 24/7, you carry your '90  24/7. It's that simple.
    OK, you may know the blerk, but has he got his ID? Rather me tell him to go get it than the RSM.

6. Best reason I heard for 100% checks was that paddy or whoever will watch that gate for days on end, and if they see a 100% check on all IDs they don't get the feeling that the bases security is slack, therefore maybe not attempting a hit.

Makes sense to me.

7. I find whilst stagging on that the people who enforce ID checks are the ones who forget theirs in the first place or just expect you to let them in without showing it either,you try to ask them for it and they start going on " but you know me and who i am", you cant win either way  ;D

8. dont worry we've got to check all id cards as the lads finish work :-*

9. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

10. Lads, Please make sure us girls know nothing at all that even a little bit secret.

We don't know how to keep Mum, especially me.

love Suzy X   :-X

11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I can solve this problem - jack it in, join the STABs, and I guarantee that you will get into anywhere.  All you say is "I'm TA, and they don't trust us with MoD90s" and in you go.   Works for me (I'm rather sorry to say).

Honestly, although Officers are trusted to hold 90s, soldiers aren't (evil, licentious, soldiery, etc) so they have to bluff their way in.  My crews have taken recovered vehicles all over the UK, and always manage to get in to their destination.  Not good Sy, but very practical.

12. "Do you know who I am?"

"Why, have you forgotten?"

13. Best security system in the world - you know the guy.

14. What was you searching for to find this?

15. possibly 'what is the oldest thread I can breathe life into'????

• Like Like x 4