Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staffordshire Regiment - Opinions

The_0ne

Old-Salt
What are peoples views on the staffords?

As i live close to birmingham i think they are one of my closest infantry regiments?

I don't think they'll be in existence for much longer. Will be merged with Cheshires and WFRS to form a "Mercian" Battalion. Cue double headed shitehawks all round if the old TA badge is revived.

Otherwise, a good County regiment with a proud tradition. That's why Bliar had to destroy them.

Bliar - "Loves War, hates Soldiers"

gizmodnd

Old-Salt
The one's ive met have been good lads, shame about the Accent.

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
The Staffords are a top outfit with brilliant soldiers and I believe the best mascott.

It is true that they are changing to the Mercians (3 Mercian) I think in October 2007 (sorry if I am wrong).

Join them whilst you can still be capped a Stafford!

Good Luck :D

The_0ne

Old-Salt
So if you join and enlist before they change to Mercian you retain your cap badge and being known as a stafford is that what your saying??

Dont they change there berets and cap badges when they change to mercian?

No, you will, like all rebadge but you will always be (in your heart and heritage) a Stafford!