Staff Duties in the Field - regulations for road movement 1914 or earlier

Hi Chaps

I have been looking for an early copy of the Staff Duties in the Field (1914 or earlier) and in particular for the regulations regarding road movements for the pre-WW1 army (rate of march, staff tables for length of marching bn/bty/sqn columns, rest periods etc) but with no luck so far.

Any suggestions where else I can try?

Rodney2q

Have ever considered a device to take you this 'Germany'?

P

PrinceAlbert

It sounds like a riveting read.

Can you let me know your findings please? I'm itching to get all the details.

Thanks for the helpful replies guys - I found a copy of the British Army Field Service Regulations 1909 on line and was able to download it.

Chocolate Frog - have you thought of f*cking off and annoying someone else?

:)

Rodney2q

I think you'll find that SD in the Fd didn't start until after WW2. The Field Service Pocketbook 1914 does include road space tables, it was reprinted by David & Charles Reprints in 1971. FSP seems to have continued into WW2, but by that time comprised around a dozen separate pams in a brown canvassy cover.

I don't think FSR will help you much, basically they dealt with formation level doctrine, but the separate admin part (Part 3?) may have something.

I can scan the tables if you want them.

Have you invented a device that can form electronic copies of physical pages?

I don't think FSR will help you much, basically they dealt with formation level doctrine, but the separate admin part (Part 3?) may have something.

I can scan the tables if you want them.
Yes please, that would be great. If you can do let me know when they are ready and I'll PM with my e-mail address.

Thanks.

Rodney2q

Have you invented a device taht can change electronic formats in to physical copy?