Staff Banned From Wearing Poppy

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pox_Dr, Nov 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son works part time between college studies at our local branch of Morrison’s Supermarket.

Today he went to work with a poppy attached to his name badge, within minutes of arriving the store manager told him to remove it as it breached Morrison’s uniform policy, in that no charity pins will be worn.

I feel that the Poppy & Remembrance Day is different. It’s not just a charity pin it’s a statement or symbol of reflection, respect & thanks, it has become an icon of remembrance & a tribute to the fallen.

In a time when it’s hard enough to get the civilian population behind anything military, isn’t this just another corporate kick in the nuts.

Nice one Morrison Supermarkets Plc, Summit Avenue, Farnborough,
    GU14 0NA, I for one will not be using you again.
  2. That's outrageous!
  3. sounds like a numpty manager who has no idea what he's doing. Farnborough of all places! So, as a customer relations exercise that was genius, how many services/ex services live in their catchment area?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Morrisons seem to have a policy of not releasing any email addresses to the public, which is possibly wise from their point of view in light of this report.
  5. Not as good, but this is the Customer Services no. 0845 611 6111
    • Like Like x 1
  6. msr

msr LE

The thing is that everyone feels their charity is different, which is probably why they have the policy....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just a jobsworth lab rat of a junior manager who should never have been promoted beyond shelf stacker.

I'm sure this isn't company policy - or won't be when they realise what it might cost them.

Less reasons to shop at Morr-ee-sons......
  8. msr

msr LE

Try turning up on parade with an Oxfam badge on your uniform.

BSM: just a jobsworth lab rat of a gunner who should never have been promoted beyond humping ammunition?

9. I am currently trying to get through to Morrisons, I have been passed to 5 differant people, so far....just been passed around again.

Stand by.
  10. here here
  11. 01274 261000 should put you straight through.
  12. Just been told that no one is available to answer my question at the moment, but someone will call back.

We better hang fire until we have an official response!

I'm sure Morrisons would not want anyone to think that they are not keen supporters of the RBL, after all there are probably collectors outside Morrisons as we speak, and they have to get permis from the supermarket before they can collect.
  13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I would imagine that this comes under the HRA - Freedom of expression.
  14. Press office: 0845 611 5111