Staff and Dress

#1
Now I know Herrick is a high intensity op and all that stuff, but even so, you think this chap would have the decency to wear a 'proper' shirt/jacket like the rest of the chaps in the photo. Wearing the under armour shirt looks bloody awful - especially on a handover parade:
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/T...6C26C637ABF1/0/6ctoaceremony.jpg&alt=Transfer of Authority ceremony
What is it with staff officers??
 
#3
I suppose they can wear what they like - unlike the poor fcuker in the background.
 
#5
Well, should know better.
I remember a GOC at 1 Div who set the standard for the whole HQ - SLR, 58 Webbing & steel lid, and didn't mind getting stopped and asked for ID no matter where (barracks or field) or who by.
 
#7
i for one am glad to see at least one officer above major with better things to worry about than ironing kit and "mixed dress" ad nauseam
mind you i should find it reassuring that in battalions getting ready to go on tour that the heirarchy have nothing better to worry about than dress and standards, it leads me to believe they are not anticipating any serious casualties on the tour and therefore have time to concentrate on these smaller matters!!!
 
#8
He SHOULD have a shirt on - it's about setting the standards and then living by them...............simple really??
 
#9
mrxman said:
i for one am glad to see at least one officer above major with better things to worry about than ironing kit and "mixed dress" ad nauseam
mind you i should find it reassuring that in battalions getting ready to go on tour that the heirarchy have nothing better to worry about than dress and standards, it leads me to believe they are not anticipating any serious casualties on the tour and therefore have time to concentrate on these smaller matters!!!
You are absolutely right, little matters like uniform and combat ID and correctly fitting body armour and correctly worn sun protection and eye protection and gloves and boots and where to carry your tourniquet and morphine and mocking bird and chin straps done up and sleeves rolled down and clean weapons and correctly fitted sights and accessible magazines and grenades and first parading vehicles have no place in keeping men and women operationally effective and alive on operations.
 
S

stevieni22

Guest
#10
Maybe he just got off a heli to do the handover having bee on the ground visiting troops?
personaly i couldnt give a toss but its good to see he isnt a bullshit and shine brigade commander.
 
#11
JT0475 said:
Well, should know better.
I remember a GOC at 1 Div who set the standard for the whole HQ - SLR, 58 Webbing & steel lid, and didn't mind getting stopped and asked for ID no matter where (barracks or field) or who by.
About 1984?
 
#13
StickyEnd said:
JT0475 said:
Well, should know better.
I remember a GOC at 1 Div who set the standard for the whole HQ - SLR, 58 Webbing & steel lid, and didn't mind getting stopped and asked for ID no matter where (barracks or field) or who by.
About 1984?
last month, 2010. Retro is the new black.
 
#14
StickyEnd said:
JT0475 said:
Well, should know better.
I remember a GOC at 1 Div who set the standard for the whole HQ - SLR, 58 Webbing & steel lid, and didn't mind getting stopped and asked for ID no matter where (barracks or field) or who by.
About 1984?
Got it in one!
 
#15
stevieni22 said:
Maybe he just got off a heli to do the handover having bee on the ground visiting troops?
personaly i couldnt give a toss but its good to see he isnt a bullshit and shine brigade commander.
Wasn't thinking about bs or shine, just wearing the correct dress.
 
#17
top_soldier said:
He SHOULD have a shirt on - it's about setting the standards and then living by them...............simple really??
He IS wearing a shirt Under Body Armour Combat Shirt. Everyone else has their Jacket, Lightweight, Desert DP on or whatever the name is.

This is what happens when you don't call a spade a spade and wear jackets tucked neatly in to your trousers...
 
#18
If hes in a fob what do you want him to do bring all his kit with him? And an iron as well? If this was in Bastion or KAF where i presume he works then that would be a different story. At the end of the day hes just got of a helicopter wearing body armour, and is in the correct rig.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#19
You bunch of miserable gits, he's wearing a UBACS shirt, so what it's hardly the end of the world. To those of you saying he should be correctly dressed, how many tours of Afghan have you done?

You sound like the old fuckers who wrote to soldier because people were pictured with beards/long hair/sideburns.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top