STABs - Really?

OK - following on from my comments on this thread, does anyone else find the 'STABs' acronym a bit old, boring and (probably unintentionally) ironic?

I base this on the commonly-quoted-to-the-TA paradigm that 'the average TA soldier is educated to a higher standard that the average Regular soldier'.

I don't know if this assertion is true, or if it was manufactured to make us TA types feel better about our unavoidably lower level of army training, BUT - if it is true, then surely the 'Stupid' element of STAB needs to be replaced with something else?
'Studious', perhaps :)

(I'm not arguing about the 'Bastards' bit, before all you braindead ARAB mongs wade in)

Give me a minute to get the popcorn from the microwave...

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Iknow you thin the T.A. is full of rocket scientists and brain surgeons but they do have thick blokes as well you know.
My favorite was we thick jock mcstupid who couldn't remember if he'd cocked hiss rifle so pulled the trigger and let of a nice burst opf blank (luckily) into the back of the spartan.
Get over it and call them ARABS.

You remind me of my mate on tour:
"Fucking three bar talked to me like I was some bastard trooper"
"Errrr you are a trooper"
"Yeah I know BUT I'm a manager in civvy street"
"Hello Mcfly counts for fuck all out here"

Having been a Regular and a STAB I dont get too offended but you can always reply with "ARAB" as in Arrogant Regular Army Bastard- or is that being overly rude to Arabs by comparing them.

But really, whether you are STAB or ARAB you are all MHCs in my book- Mong Hat Cunts!

Personally I like S.W.A.T - Some Weekends and Tuesdays

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
T.W.A.T'S

Two weekends and Tuesdays.

Almost got that on a tee shirt but head stab had a flip and chief Arab wouldn't have it either

Who gives a flying feck, just get on with it, life's too short.

T.W.A.T'S

Almost got that on a tee shirt but head stab had a flip and chief Arab wouldn't have it either
You could have said The War Against Terror?

Having been a Regular and a STAB I dont get too offended but you can always reply with "ARAB" as in Arrogant Regular Army Bastard- or is that being overly rude to Arabs by comparing them.

But really, whether you are STAB or ARAB you are all MHCs in my book- Mong Hat Cunts!
ARAB?
Anal Retentive Arsewhole Bore

B

bokkatankie

How about TWAT, Turning-up When Am Told (or TWATIPUSS, TWAT If Personal "Unique" Situation Suitable).

Z

Zarathustra

I think STAB is just right, it's not too long and rolls off the tongue. Oh, and for the purposes of this thread you're all shit cunts and the London Regiment should not be allowed to carry out GPMG WHTs or go on tour.

T.W.A.T'S

ours had Some Weekends And Tuesdays on a yank SWAT badge followed by
"1 UK CIV DIV
OP HERRICK 10"

also had Mr. DD etc on the sleeve rather than the usual nickname

FMDT.....told the Brig. it meant Fire and Movement Demonstration Team when it

really means...Formation Muff Diving Team, no Stabs allowed in 'cos they can't

keep their heads down long enough.

FMDT.....told the Brig. it meant Fire and Movement Demonstration Team when it

really means...Formation Muff Diving Team, no Stabs allowed in 'cos they can't

keep their heads down long enough.
A few STABs were and are and know this
No muff is too tuff