Stable belts

Mr Happy

LE
local orders will decide but generally on barrack dress, but I've seen them on combats and all sorts of strange places.

we have barrack dress??

thought it was combats in barracks, combats in field, combats everywhere else between ???!!

Engineers wear stable belts on CS95 when not in the field, in fact I've seen loads of guys wearing stable belts in the same vein, perhaps it is who doesn't? even 'them' wore them at Gib bks.

Mr Happy said:
Sensesworkingovertime said:
Mr Happy said:
local orders will decide but generally on barrack dress, but I've seen them on combats and all sorts of strange places.
erm..95's are barrack dress nowadays aren't they?
Are you calling me an old git? :roll:
Too right :D

And 5RA don't (for the time being, as the CO of that unit wants each battery to have it's own stable belt aparently!)

It depends whether your stable belt looks cool or not in my experience. If your regiment has a cool looking stable belt, you wear it at every opportunity, if it makes you a knobber, it gathers dust in the cupboard!

And I think guards don't wear theirs in 95 kit, but I may be wrong on this..

ugly

LE
walt_of_the_walts said:
mcclurg said:
Do the guards even have stable belts? I suppose it would be the Household divn colours. If they do, is it an officer only thing?
At IJLB their drill pigs used them to keep up the beer bellies, 1981!

ugly said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
mcclurg said:
Do the guards even have stable belts? I suppose it would be the Household divn colours. If they do, is it an officer only thing?
At IJLB their drill pigs used them to keep up the beer bellies, 1981!
Well I'm keeping up the tradition as I'm using my AAC one to keep up my beer belly in 2008!

Z

Zarathustra

walt_of_the_walts said:
mcclurg said:
Yes we do, i've worn mine 3 times in six years. After i spent all that time buring the buckle down and bulling it up.

They are Blue Red Blue, whether the buckles get bulled etc depends on regiment i believe.

Latest Threads