Stable belts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tep1, Apr 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please excuse my ignorance but when is it appropriate to wear a stable belt with your uniform?

2. Female: in high heels and stockings and a drill hat

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

local orders will decide but generally on barrack dress, but I've seen them on combats and all sorts of strange places.

4. erm..95's are barrack dress nowadays aren't they?

5. we have barrack dress??

thought it was combats in barracks, combats in field, combats everywhere else between ???!!

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Are you calling me an old git? :roll:

7. Depends, will you be wearing your medals too?

8. How stupid did WE look wearing stable belts on the outside of Jersey Heavy Wool

9. Engineers wear stable belts on CS95 when not in the field, in fact I've seen loads of guys wearing stable belts in the same vein, perhaps it is who doesn't? even 'them' wore them at Gib bks.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

THEM do - I have a funny story somewhere on arrse about that..

11. Too right :D

And 5RA don't (for the time being, as the CO of that unit wants each battery to have it's own stable belt aparently!)

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I served in a Regt for which each Sqn had a diff stable belt..

13. in the old days before we were operated like puppets by the Yanks,each artillery battery had there own and some even had cravats

14. Ooh, cravats! Now you're talking. With coveralls I hope.

15. It depends whether your stable belt looks cool or not in my experience. If your regiment has a cool looking stable belt, you wear it at every opportunity, if it makes you a knobber, it gathers dust in the cupboard!

And I think guards don't wear theirs in 95 kit, but I may be wrong on this..