Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stable Belts

B

Biscuits_AB

Daytona955 said:
Anyone want to buy 2 AGC Stable belts? Pristine condition as I never got round to wearing them.

Only of you throw in the puttees you claim were before your time....that's right, those puttees, the one's you were saving in case high leg boots went out of fashion.

Daytona955

War Hero
Biscuits - if I remember correctly it was YOU who refused to give up puttees. You insisted on wearing puttees for work, suspenders afterwards in the mess!!!! Claimed it was an old RMP tradition but I now know that was a lie and you were just a pervert.

Puttees were great with then kit they were meant to be worn withm Boots and hose tops but a waste of space with anything else, they were never mant to be worn with long trousers.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The red belts are great - it could be worse, you could have the new AGC DZ flash.

:twisted:

B

Biscuits_AB

Daytona955 said:
Biscuits - if I remember correctly it was YOU who refused to give up puttees. You insisted on wearing puttees for work, suspenders afterwards in the mess!!!! Claimed it was an old RMP tradition but I now know that was a lie and you were just a pervert.

Merely joining in with the examples set by my seniors. As I recall, you still had those 'hydraulic' WW1 puttees which you wore with frightening regularity and gusto.

Daxx said:
The red belts are great :twisted:

Not in a million years could that be considered to be correct (unless of course you want to walt it up and hope that people might mistake you for a PTI. A bright scarlet beret and a piece of scarlet canvas around your waist and a black and red lanyard makes you look like a hanging basket. Ask someone to take a photo then take a long hard look. Why couldn't they have considered the colour scheme from the Corps Flag or tie?

Daytona955

War Hero
western said:
Why couldn't they have considered the colour scheme from the Corps Flag or tie?

ermmmm....... they did!!!!!

For considered read chosen or are you telling me it's now a bright red kipper tie (oversize shoes and a big red nose)?

Daytona955

War Hero
Last time I wore a RMP tie or saw our flag flying the colours were red and dark blue, just like the red of the berets and belts and the red/blue of the lanyard. Different shades but I just put that down to washing my beret in the washing machine.

Big red nose comes with time and enough bottles of whisky and as for the oversize shoes, thats just what I brag about to girls online!!

B

Biscuits_AB

western said:
For considered read chosen or are you telling me it's now a bright red kipper tie (oversize shoes and a big red nose)?

Officers and WO1's only.

Anyone we know?

Attachments

• sd.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 831

Daytona955

War Hero
western said:
Anyone we know?

Thanks mate, I never thought you would publish my pic on here!!! Have to change my user name now, especially as I forgot my lanyard that day!!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
:)

The Regimental Colonel will be going a lighter shade of red at that one!

Who's that these days? Probably a schoolboy when I was in!

BlueLightRun

Old-Salt
western said:
Not in a million years could that be considered to be correct (unless of course you want to walt it up and hope that people might mistake you for a PTI. A bright scarlet beret and a piece of scarlet canvas around your waist and a black and red lanyard makes you look like a hanging basket. Ask someone to take a photo then take a long hard look. Why couldn't they have considered the colour scheme from the Corps Flag or tie?

Are you saying that we shouldn't have gone back to the pre-All Girls Corps days and invented a whole new stable belt etc..? What happened to Regimental History?

FYI, the current AGC lanyard is the same colour scheme of the CMP lanyard pre-1950. Chalk that one up as a victory!

p.s. Reg Sec (Not Col) is J*** B****r

BlueLightRun said:
Are you saying that we shouldn't have gone back to the pre-All Girls Corps days and invented a whole new stable belt etc..? What happened to Regimental History?

It disappeared along with Ammo Boots on Duty, White blancoed webbing, Khaki SD hats with a detachable red cover, white blancoed gaiters, black MP armbands with red MP and RMP vehicles being driven by RASC drivers.

Most of the so called traditions now come from more recent times. I am not sure when or how the stable belt came about, but it is awful and this was an opportunity lost. Put a red beret on top (1970s) and a brassard (1980s) or red armband (1960s?) with an AGC lanyard (1990s) and from a distance a group of Military Police could be mistaken for a herd of menstruating cattle

BlueLightRun said:
FYI, the current AGC lanyard is the same colour scheme of the CMP lanyard pre-1950. Chalk that one up as a victory!

Never came across an ‘Corps’ OR lanyard in my time, (Officers & WOs1 wore a scarlet one), as the old armed duty order had a white one with a Webley at the end of it I believe and in my time it was white plastic webbing green lanyard and a Browning. Perhaps clerks and other Coy HQ individuals wore a lanyard?

BlueLightRun said:
p.s. Reg Sec (Not Col) is J*** B****r

Ta, and surprise, surprise I know of him.

sunray757

Old-Salt
Mongoose said:
sunray757 said:
Mongoose said:
Can someone tell me the regs regarding AGC SPS types, what are they allowed to wear (C95), ie stable belts with C95?
Thanks

Correct!

Thanks, I assume that applies to TA as well? (I neglected to put that into the first question)

Again - correct, it is in AGC Dress Regs!