Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stable Belts

I would have preferred the style with the buckle fastener the RMP one is a pain.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Seminal moment - just been bullying the straps of my scarlet stable belt! Takes me back to the days of Chi and Cpl R"*%y Be%$y, complete on morning room inspection with ammo boots and German coal scuttle helmet! God was I that scared!!!!

Squiggles

Old-Salt
Guys, whats the latest with the stable belts situation. Are you being allowed to wear them? Is it straps to the front (never liked that myslef, to the side is much smarter)?

Squiggles said:
Guys, whats the latest with the stable belts situation. Are you being allowed to wear them? Is it straps to the front (never liked that myslef, to the side is much smarter)?

To the side does look smarter, but it was a lot easier with the straps to the front after a night on the pop followed by a large curry :eek:

Modfather said:
Because Dress Reg's says we can't!

In fairness I am with you on this - Red (Scarlet) Stable Belt is the way forwards and wearing it with CS 95 woudl look damn fine. Most other Arms and Services wear their Regimental Stable Belts with theirs and at a time when we are managing to get back our Regimental Identity as others as losing theirs it seems foolish not to make the most of our position.

In a similar vein - should we not go back to 'ye olde' RMP lanyard.

RLC wear Stable Belts in CS95.

F9_Commit

Clanker
Gents,

I believe the latest decision is that the stable belt can be worn with duty order and not with CS 95. Additionally, the buckles should be worn to the left side.

Outstanding said:
Modfather said:
Because Dress Reg's says we can't!

In fairness I am with you on this - Red (Scarlet) Stable Belt is the way forwards and wearing it with CS 95 woudl look damn fine. Most other Arms and Services wear their Regimental Stable Belts with theirs and at a time when we are managing to get back our Regimental Identity as others as losing theirs it seems foolish not to make the most of our position.

In a similar vein - should we not go back to 'ye olde' RMP lanyard.

RLC wear Stable Belts in CS95.

So do the branches of the AGC that don't have huge chips on thier shoulders

Daytona955

War Hero
Thomas_of_Hookton said:
Its called progress and most of those currently serving with the AGC (RMP) were never part of the 'Corps' as you all fondly remember it!

Aw isn't youth and innocence cute

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
FCUK ME!!

Liking the idea of regaining more of RMP identity with the red belt, and 'thinking' what a load of 'pink bobblies' about those still serving only knowing AGC, I initially thought surely it wasn't 22 years plus we were lumped into that abortion of a Corps (no disrespect to the others that were saddled with the AGC title).

It was the mid 90's it happened, so there are still plenty that wore the red staple belt and lanyard still serving.

So it's not just us Old and Bold up for the change IMHO.

Daytona955

War Hero
Devexwarrior - You obviously do not understand history and tradition do you. If by any chance you are still serving, why not pop off and join the American Army, they don't have any so you would fit in well. If you are no longer serving then maybe thats best all round.

If you would like to learn the history of RMP I can give you some good titles to start reading, some even have pictures in them.

Daytona955 said:
Devexwarrior - You obviously do not understand history and tradition do you. If by any chance you are still serving, why not pop off and join the American Army, they don't have any so you would fit in well. If you are no longer serving then maybe thats best all round.

If you would like to learn the history of RMP I can give you some good titles to start reading, some even have pictures in them.

I'm all for history and tradition and am reasonably happy that the constituent parts of the AGC have got their corporate identities, but get with reality or would you have us all back in putees? (and yes still serving and I read quite well and can do joined up writing too!)

Daytona955

War Hero
devexwarrior said:
get with reality or would you have us all back in putees?

Not a very adult remark, puttees were before my time and hardly practical. The re-issue of the red belts was to make us stand out as RMP, give us something to be proud about. After over 22 years I am still proud to be RMP and personally think it is nice to be able to differentiate myself from the other trades within AGC.

Daytona955 said:
devexwarrior said:
get with reality or would you have us all back in putees?

Not a very adult remark, puttees were before my time and hardly practical. The re-issue of the red belts was to make us stand out as RMP, give us something to be proud about. After over 22 years I am still proud to be RMP and personally think it is nice to be able to differentiate myself from the other trades within AGC.

And your red beret/SD cap didn't do this? I am no less proud of my current cap badge (new version recently brought in) than I was of my old AGC hat/badge combo or the capbadge I wore before I joined the AGC. I agree the RMP needed to keep their Redcap for all the right reasons, but I can't get emotional over stable belts. I only wear mine if it comes to hand before my green belt and my old AGC one is doing a fine job holding up my SD trousers under the jacket. I was proud in my Shirt Hairy and Trouser lightweight 20 years ago too.

Handbags at 10 paces.

In your own time, carry on.

D.I.S.C.O said:
FCUK ME!!

Liking the idea of regaining more of RMP identity with the red belt, and 'thinking' what a load of 'pink bobblies' about those still serving only knowing AGC, I initially thought surely it wasn't 22 years plus we were lumped into that abortion of a Corps (no disrespect to the others that were saddled with the AGC title).

It was the mid 90's it happened, so there are still plenty that wore the red staple belt and lanyard still serving.

So it's not just us Old and Bold up for the change IMHO.

Not meaning to be sad but whilst I was sorting out my cupboards, my old red book fell out. It showed my date of transfer to AGC(Pro) as 6th Apr 1992. I can't believe it's over 15 years that this ba$tard creation has been going 8O Needless to say I put up with it for less than 12 months and Jan 93 went Civ Div :D

Daytona955

War Hero
Anyone want to buy 2 AGC Stable belts? Pristine condition as I never got round to wearing them.

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
ex_monkey said:
Not meaning to be sad but whilst I was sorting out my cupboards, my old red book fell out. It showed my date of transfer to AGC(Pro) as 6th Apr 1992. I can't believe it's over 15 years that this ba$tard creation has been going 8O Needless to say I put up with it for less than 12 months and Jan 93 went Civ Div :D

TYVM EM. ALL of my personsal docs, went missing from the removals co, when I was compelled to abandon my wonderful better half, which included my Red book.

That's reminded me that when RBL were trying to sort my life out they told me I was RMP then AGC and I lost the plot, psycotic tw@ that I am now. :oops:

Thanks once again for the detail, every little helps.

Latest Threads