Stable belts

Does your TA unit issue you with stable belts, our doesnt even though a lot of other TA RA units have them. Surely now we are one army the TA RA should look the same as reg RA.

You don't need stable belts on C95. You are issued a nice shiny green belt. If you choose to not wear what the army provides, you have to purchase it yourself.
The only other time you should be wearing a stable belt is in barrack dress, but I'm sure you are not issued with that either....

I've never been issued a stable belt. And the RA tend not to wear stablebelts anyway, unless wearing barrack dress (as mentioned by The Ego)

HVM_Boy said:
I've never been issued a stable belt. And the RA tend not to wear stablebelts anyway, unless wearing barrack dress (as mentioned by The Ego)
I dispute that my friend, well at least from a reg perpective, its was always a CO (read RSM) thing anyway. I've given up counting the number of times I have swapped belts with the changing of the CO/RSM (as well as Shoulder titles, stripes on shirts and qualification badges, wearing of)

Personally I love a good stable belt, and theres nothing finer than a RA one :wink: and would love a return to the Battery Belt, yes even in C95

I'm in the process of joining a TA RA unit and will wear my old uniform next week and I refuse to wear coveralls over civies, the only item I don't have is a new fangled belt, so I shall grace the TAC with a bit of dash and colour

ben0239 said:
Does your TA unit issue you with stable belts, our doesnt even though a lot of other TA RA units have them. Surely now we are one army the TA RA should look the same as reg RA.
The RHA wear a different one from the "flatties" and they are both "regular artillery".

I like battery stable belts, and yes, think they look good on CS95. NEVER wear them anywhere other than "in camp" I saw one or two in Iraq, and that's just wrong!

MightyBigEgo said:
You don't need stable belts on C95. You are issued a nice shiny green belt. If you choose to not wear what the army provides, you have to purchase it yourself.
The only other time you should be wearing a stable belt is in barrack dress, but I'm sure you are not issued with that either....
Oh sorry I'll just pick myself up off the floor, haven't laughed that much in years

ben0239 said:
Yes, but you will find that (quite often) 2 reg Regts won't look the same, in C95 there is more uniformity but there was a time of when almst each regt had its own "isms".

For example, I started off life in 94 Regt were we wore cloth capbadges, no shoulder titles and plastic belts, whereas 14 regt, up the road, wore staybrite capbadges, plastic belts and titles. Some regts wore stable belts, whilst some regts had individual Battery stable belts , O Bty had a and kind of Tealish blue and yellow stripe affair IIRC and 7 Para RHA Bty belts had buckles (pegasus type) and usually had some maroon in it somewhere. I Think 16 regt had a strangle black gun on blue background cloth capbadge and I distincly remember seeing a red backing like the DERR/RGBW on one beret (infact I think 3 RHA used to have a red backing as well)

Most of this got sacked in the early 90's by order of the DRA, I can understand why but its a bit of a shame as you had a real feeling of esprit de corps when wearing it.

So theres your answer, i had a chat with a guy last tuesday about stable belts and put down the reasoning for a lack of a stable belt in the TA RA down to the fact you have to buy the things, in a reg regt you just stick it on orders and charge anyone who doesn't get one (when we went to stable belts from plastic we had to get chits for the garrison PRI as they had run out to prove we tried to buy one) int he TA its possbly a little harder to force this home where they could vote with their feet

Regimental

G

Goku

The-Daddy said:
we even had to buy our TRFs!
Your TRF is part of your uniform and must be worn, therefore it should be issued.
You’d be well within your rights to tell anyone to poke it if they tried to get you to buy one, although it would probably be advisable to find a more polite way of saying it :D

Goku said:
The-Daddy said:
we even had to buy our TRFs!
Your TRF is part of your uniform and must be worn, therefore it should be issued.
You’d be well within your rights to tell anyone to poke it if they tried to get you to buy one, although it would probably be advisable to find a more polite way of saying it :D
My Regt had a habit of swapping from 3 Div to 1 Arty Bde, in my time I only ever got two Div Triangles and one Rams Head patch, somehow we had to ensure the badge appeared on ALL our jackets. Strangley enough the Q staff never seem to have an issue with badges :roll:

Also when I went to 1 Div, I only got one rhino there as well

Von_Paulus said:
Did'nt the AMF(L) Regt have a funny backing to their cap badges?
5 Bty have a Criox de Guerre (sp) and they wear the ribbon under the capbadge, still do I belive, looked quite fetching with the cloth capbadge and multiple badges on there arms

The-Daddy said:
Well, we paid for ours (late 90's).

As for cloth RA cap badges - isn't that an officer thing?
err, yep, except for good old 94 Locating, it was great having WO's banging them up for us gunners :wink:

BTW it was a different capbadge to the officers but looked VERY similar, best bit was wearing waterproofs and no fecker could be sure

A

armadillo

Check mat regs, soldier is not to pay for them nor are they to be provided at public expense.

Nuff said Armadillo

ugly

LE
I used to wear my LI stable belt as a TA Queensman and nobody ever picked me up for it! Oddly enough until the year I left I hadnt been near a stable in uniform!
Yes they were paid for!
I once severely miffed my very nice pln sgt by refusing to buy the two tour sweatshirts they had me down on the Acro for. I was told I faced 4 months of pan bashing so I signed. I then cut of all four sleeves in front of him and asked if it was issued why had I paid and when can I go diffy! I was made to travel to Brize in the baggage truck but that may have had as much to do with my silly suit I was told to buy as my attitude:

See what I mean. If you were told to buy a smart kit as we were flying BA well you wouldnt go to the pub first would you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A ACF 9
wild_moose RLC 16
tollernator Military Clothing & Boots 42