Stable belts

Discussion in 'ACF' started by alex33, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's people view on stable belt use in Army CCF? Just trying to set some regulation as all the NCOs who can get their hand on it is wearing it

2. "L" plate walts?

3. All cadets and CFAVs can wear stable belts as per ACF and CCF dress regulations, with the approval of the contingent commander or ACF commandant.

There are no restrictions such as "NCO only" in the official dress regs.

4. Rule in our CCF (a lifetime ago, mind) was that you could wear the stable belt of your section once you'd passed some relevant test. E.g. us in the Royal Signals section had to have passed the Cadet Signals Classification Test. This made it something of a privilege, but not a randomly-awarded one. Still sounds like a good approach to me.

Other answer is of course "What does the corps/regiment to which the belt belongs think of the matter?"

Inevitably, as it's a self-purchased item, you'll get some with it and some without, which may upset those who like uniformity!

But I'm guessing you're not the contingent commander, and his/her decision is unlikely to be swayed by whatever any of us on here might say ;-)

5. Hmm. Maybe I should buy some shares in the CFSTT PRI:

Royal Corps of Signals Stable Belt with 3 Div Buckle - CFSTT PRI

6. Have they got a rota to decide who wears it on which day?

7. Our school bought a small number of stable belts and no one will bother buying their own, we could pretty much decide who wear a stabel belt

8. No, currently is during CCF, those NCO "issue" with stable belt can waer it (it's more like stealing it when our QM is not looking)

9. Do you do 'English' at your school?

10. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

if it fits wear it , I cant get one for my sylph like 44 inch waist .