• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Stable Belts.

For the Army - Why do they exist, when the green belt blends in more? Are they worn in base only, or outside?

Are they issued or do they need buying?

From a RAF guy, blue suiter!

Though they are covered by dress regs, there seems to be no hard & fast rules with these. I purchased a Sigs one - only to be told I couldn't wear the bloody thing, as 'it wasn't regimental policy - WOs only'. I wore the f***er anyway - along with shoulder titles - which also weren't policy within the regiment. The CO had a private army attitude, i.e. his boys weren't part of the rest of it. He was a nobber of the plimsoles in the large pack mentality.

As far as the RAF is concerned, I (again) purchased mine from the NAAFI at Swinderby during basic, and wore it whenever it took my fancy. Personally I think they look smart for non-field wear. Green plastic belts look shyte.

tankie88 said:
mine,which i still have is 3 colour stripes..from top....brown,red,green."through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond"

I'll assume that was a typo and not that you're a mong who doesn't know it's brown at the bottom then red then green at the top. If you are a mong then look at your avatar, which id the right way round, and just say what you see. ;) If you have any further problems just ask a member of the Cavalry to help you out hehe ;)

Latest Threads