Stable Belts.

For the Army - Why do they exist, when the green belt blends in more? Are they worn in base only, or outside?

Are they issued or do they need buying?

From a RAF guy, blue suiter!

You could have had a green one, no good moaning now.

Some of them aren't too bad. Light infantry have dark green ones. Our lot have a rather fetching tartan one.

And typical Crab Air , delivered to the wrong grid

never mind, the Army is here to put you right :D

Oh, and you have to buy them.

Though they are covered by dress regs, there seems to be no hard & fast rules with these. I purchased a Sigs one - only to be told I couldn't wear the bloody thing, as 'it wasn't regimental policy - WOs only'. I wore the f***er anyway - along with shoulder titles - which also weren't policy within the regiment. The CO had a private army attitude, i.e. his boys weren't part of the rest of it. He was a nobber of the plimsoles in the large pack mentality.

As far as the RAF is concerned, I (again) purchased mine from the NAAFI at Swinderby during basic, and wore it whenever it took my fancy. Personally I think they look smart for non-field wear. Green plastic belts look shyte.

tankie88 said:
mine,which i still have is 3 colour stripes..from top....brown,red,green."through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond"
Your avatar is the other way 'round

adyf said:
BRIAN said:
mine is bright blue and hideous, only wear it for pictures, had to by it as well.
What Regt/Corp's that then? :roll:
Shhhhh. There can be only one. 8O

tankie88 said:
mine,which i still have is 3 colour stripes..from top....brown,red,green."through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond"

I'll assume that was a typo and not that you're a mong who doesn't know it's brown at the bottom then red then green at the top. If you are a mong then look at your avatar, which id the right way round, and just say what you see. ;) If you have any further problems just ask a member of the Cavalry to help you out hehe ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A ACF 9
wild_moose RLC 16
tollernator Military Clothing & Boots 42