Stable Belt with Combats?

What is your opinion of the wearing of AGC Stable Belt with CS95?

• Total voters
Yep, have to agree with you there, but lets face up to it, the brass will never let us wear CS95 properly, will they?

However, that said, I think that it is about time that there was a directive on belts issued, not just for the corps, but Army wide. Whilst not advocating a 1 belt, 1 Army policy, if we are going to retain Regimental and Corps identity with belts then we should all comfirm to one dress standard in CS95.

Buckle at the front anyone?

Only if it opens the essential supplies of bottled water.

With hops for flavour.

And what was wrong with barrack dress - I think it looked far smarter than this cabbage kit, and the troops could tell the difference between a Lt Col and a LCpl from further away than six feet!

Hmmm, I can honestly say that the RLC stable belt will never see the light of day again...........from my attic. The stable belt sums up everthing the RLC is today....S***.

As for wearing stable belts with C95, why bother printing the DPM on if you are going to wear a gaudy belt. Lets get back to working dress and pullovers.

And as for wearing stable belts over pullovers, it a bloody jersey, not a minidress. :evil:

Jep, it looks crap. It's a case of 'look I'm cammed up oh, apart from this stupid blue and red thing around my waist'. With my current fealing towards the AGC, I feel loath to wear the cap badge and wanneby beret, let alone the stable belt!

big_bad_bill said:
Jep, it looks crap. It's a case of 'look I'm cammed up oh, apart from this stupid blue and red thing around my waist'. With my current fealing towards the AGC, I feel loath to wear the cap badge and wanneby beret, let alone the stable belt!
And how can we tell you are AGC?

Hmmm, I can honestly say that the RLC stable belt will never see the light of day again...........from my attic. The stable belt sums up everthing the RLC is today....S***.
Sorry you feel that way Piggy. You sound like you've left the Corps recently; if that's the case we're better off without you because you are the sort that MAKES the RLC that way. See if you can persuade some of your bitter, incompetent friends (if you have any) to leave too. :wink:

Yeah, the more fat, pie eating, lardasses you take with you from that minging corps the better.

ScranSpanner said:
Sorry you feel that way Piggy. You sound like you've left the Corps recently; if that's the case we're better off without you because you are the sort that MAKES the RLC that way. See if you can persuade some of your bitter, incompetent friends (if you have any) to leave too. :wink:
This sort of comment is complete arrse. By saying that anyone who doesn't like it can fuk off you are implying that your corps is perfect and it is their fault that they are leaving. Whilst no-one wants a whinging tw*t around, perhaps they are leaving for a reason. Why not ask why they feel the way they do. If they are just whinging then great - sod 'em. But if not then maybe something can be done to help retention at a later date. Your attitude sounds like that of someone who may well be part of the problem, someone who isn't interested in trying to even identify problems let alone solve them. So actually it is people like you who MAKE your corps the way it is. SNCO's with the management skills of a brussell sprout kill off morale.

Guys, want to say, do a lot of parades in town (seven last year alone) and we are all there - TA, ACF, ATC, SCC, (SCC Leading with Queens Colour) we look great, in our number 1s and the ATC looked ok in their shirts and trousers....but have to say C95s on ACF and TA looked **** as its not the smartest thing to wear is it? and a stable belt will make Fcuk all difference surely? what was wrong with bk dress? or can we start issuing twos to ACF and TA?

Rincewind

Awaiting incoming?

In reply to Scranspanner, Nope matey this callsign is definately saying the course. However, I will winge, whine and complain my way to that lovely pension. After all, if a squaddie isn`t complaining there is something definately wrong. :p

As for doorbundle, para AGC or just surfing :wink: [/quote]

ScranSpanner wrote:

Sorry you feel that way Piggy. You sound like you've left the Corps recently; if that's the case we're better off without you because you are the sort that MAKES the RLC that way. See if you can persuade some of your bitter, incompetent friends (if you have any) to leave too.

This sort of comment is complete arrse. By saying that anyone who doesn't like it can fuk off you are implying that your corps is perfect and it is their fault that they are leaving. Whilst no-one wants a whinging tw*t around, perhaps they are leaving for a reason.
Wasn't saying "if you don't like it then eff off", that's too easy. Not objecting to whingeing either, just the (unqualified) RLC is S*** comment.

In reply to Scranspanner, Nope matey this callsign is definately saying the course. However, I will winge, whine and complain my way to that lovely pension. After all, if a squaddie isn`t complaining there is something definately wrong.
Won't disagree with your ability to whine like knacked gearbox, but at least back it up with a well-reasoned argument that can be discussed rather than the JRs Mess slanging match posts, which give us your oh-so incisive opinion. Perhaps you would venture a view along the lines of notmesir's more holistic and pink fluffy approach.... Why do you feel so aggrieved? Not pick up on the last LCpl Board?

Nope Scranspanner, did that one eons ago :wink:

As for RLC S***, "WE" have a corps that is leaking manpower away with little or no worries from the top echelon. When we are supposed to be more concerned over a new asset tracking system for vehicles than looking after our core asset (MANPOWER).

Obviously the lessons that should have been learned from all major deployments up to Telic were ignored. When the army`s "Logistics Experts" cannot even get toilet paper, food, ammunition, clothing, defence stores, POL et al to the battle front to supply the key teeth arms at the right time, (let alone just in time), WE HAVE FAILED. Embarrassing but true.

As for the lads at the coal face, panic managed, overworked and micromanaged by incompetents who try to defend a system that does not work.

Perhaps the old system of RAOC, RCT, ACC etc was archaic, however maybe it would have been cheaper not change and tackle the core problems.

Hmmmm, interesting viewpoint. That's more like it. I see you have taken the popularist view and thrown a couple of sweeping generalisations in for good measure. No particular problem with that, though.

I have it on good authority that the Corps Director is actually very concerned about manpower, and you can't get more "top echelon" than that. Asset tracking is also v important, but that's left to the bean counters at Land or DLO.

I now get the impression that there's no such thing as "lessons learned", in fact the PXR people have given up and now call it "lessons identified", although you are right, the same problems keep cropping up with annoying regularity. Part of the reason we couldn't get bullets, beans and bog roll to the right place was because the system was clogged with iso containers full of gear and no way to figure out which was which. On top of that you've got individual regiments that insist on bringing everything (including kitchen sinks) with them and then wondering why the loggies can't keep up. This is especially interesting when you consider the case of the inf Bn that put it's body armour in a seperate container; thecontainer was reprioritised and, hey presto, no body armour. So what do they do? Yes, you've got it; they order more, and no one can find the original consignment.

What we learn from this not, unfortunately, isolated incident is that the end "customer" is also to blame for contributing to logistic problems. If we are panic managing and overworking the system, it's not always our fault. Having said that, Gulf War one PLUS was delivered in about half the time as first time round.

We are now in a situation where a lot of things are improving (recruitment for offrs and blokes,supply chain management, equipment etc) and politicians recognise that they can no longer afford to skimp on the supply chain.

The future is orange!

I had no. 2s at my old TA unit - they are issued from time to time. officers aren;t issued no 2s they have to purchase it (Service Dress) so that would be why you have seen it on them! also if you go for a TA commssion you will get no. 2s so there must be some in the stores?!

TJ

Whatever Happend to "Esprit De Corps"? I don't know about others but I am proud of my Corps and proud to be a British Soldier. So why not wear staple belts it helps give us some identity in the big green machine.

Iweat mine, it's to identify myself , as different from the rest of my unit.Its also a matter of personal pride. I'm also just rtying to get a comment out of our SPSI/PSI as they have just put up notices saying'Stable belts are not to be worn'
Bugger'em sez I :wink: