Stable belt required!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by banjotrooper, Apr 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help wanted please? My son is at ATR Pirbright and has his drill test in 2 weeks. His PRI does not have his regiments stable belt in stock and will not until June at the earliest! I have tried RHQ but no luck. My mate is lending him his to cover, but he needs his own. Mine is long overdue for burial ha! Here we go then, he requires a current RTR stable belt. I look forward with bated breath, for the onslaught of childish inter regimental wise cracks, but hopefully, somebody will be able to help him! :wink:
  2. Won't some neopolitan ice-cream smeared over his working belt suffice?
  3. E-Bay is usually the best place, one of the shops, drop them an E-mail.
  4. Also a good source of things like that is cadet direct who always have a large selection of Stable belts etc in stock, or they can usually get them within a week. Here's the link: Good Luck.
  5. Cheers lads, I will follow up! :wink:
  6. Stealing the post, have tried the link , I'm looking for a QOY one of generous proportions
  7. Have you tried some cargo Straps and some tins of paint. :lol: :lol:
  8. Stealing the thread (2) I've got an old-style Queen's Regt and Int Corps (with the silver buckle) for sale, both immaculate (ish) condition.

The first would be for a collector or ex-Queensman the second I reckon would still be acceptable to wear if serving.

PM me for the ludicrously cheap prices.
  9. Ho, Sweaty, Kettle, Pot & Black
  10. I'll get me coat :oops:
  11. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

I’ve got 2 RLC OR belts if any takers…..

12. fear not banjo i am a section commander at atr pirbright and have 2 members of rtr in my section as we speak.
    there is no requirement for your son to have a stable belt for drill test as said drill test is done in green plastic belts.
    drill test 2 is done in 2,s with white belts
    if he passes both drill tests then he may wear his stable belt however due to the fact that pri cannot supply -- we are aware-- then he will continue to wear his green belt as do all members of the RA so he will not be out of place.
    on completion of passing out and his arrival at bovington for phase 2 he will recieve his stable belt and problem solved so dont panic, in fact your son is probably in my section lol in which case do panic ha only joking hope this helps.
  13. Thanks for the info! He asked me for stable belt advice and I said, speak to your NCO's! I got a feeling, it,s a sort of old sweat thing. I feel they want to run before they walk, however, being ex myself, I quite understand their actions and feelings, but thanks for the advice. I will now be able to chop his legs off! That's if you havn't first!! Fear Naught. :wink: