Stab inf to QARANC?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by gingwarr, Jun 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey ho,

Already posted this once on another thread to no response and thought I'd pop it here in the hope that someone might answer.

This isn't really recruitment, so I thought I'd pop here rather than the sub-forum.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

2. 1. no idea

2. then 3 years at UCE in birmingham. never use the word structured in the same sentence as army nurse training.

3. no, they take civvies upto 33 and trade transfers older than that. pay is around 12k if he starts from private with no prior service taken into account, but if he's single its topped up nicely with a food allowance.

4. no. in fact, for most of us who transferred its a hindrance, he will be sneered at by officers with half of his service who sincerely believe they are the SAS. and any promotion-type courses wont count, as the nurses have their own which are better. FACT

3. I doubt very much, that a nursie/ams promotion cadre will be better then a jncos cadre on teeth arm level or scbc!

Tradewise yes, soldiering skills no, and if that's what you meant it was certainly not to be seen in what you wrote!

4. 1) Yes, he would have to bin stripes and re-enlist as a private class 4 (recruit in training). No seniority granted at all.

2) Phase 1 ATR Winchester, Phase 2 is 3 years at civvy uni with some military command structure present (just to waste your time and do everything possible to ensure that you fail your course). Some of the time is spent in uni, the rest is on placement with the (very occasional) bit of military input. Pay is as per private class 3/2 depending on phase of course.

3) Not too old - the QAs will take up to 33 as posted above, but applicants of up to 36 are considered.

4) May be of help in phase 1 (as long as he doesn't make a big deal about it). Phase 2 for students is very frustrating for those with prior service or re-trades, as the lack of military ethos and structure can make you want to kill the little fcukwits without this backround.

5. it was of course a sarcastic reply, i did mine over 6 years ago, and along with all the other transfers am astounded i'll need to do it again, nurse-style.

6. Whitemouse,

Whilst i agree that all JNCO cadre's will contain generic material to improve soldiering, man management etc each Corps or Regt will also include their own spin. For the JMQC think Med Org (try to keep a straight face), siting of medical facilities to name just a couple of things I would imagine only found on an AMS promotion course.

McV

7. Many thanks for all of this (it's actually piqued my interest, as well).

One further question, and then I'll stop pestering.

How is housing dealt with at Phase Two? Are you put up in student housing?

Agian, many thanks.

8. what is the failure/drop out rate of military student nurses compared to that of their civilian counterparts? I thought that the Army had not only a higher success rate but also considerably higher scores than those of the civilian students.

9. So learning contracts with threat of AGAI action do work then ! :?

10. If you're married, then you'll be accomodated in a married quarter but there are no married quarters in birmingham, so a private house is 'aquired' for you. if you're single, then student accomodation it is, a bit like living in the block but you get your own room and there's a communal kitchen and bathroom, loads a money though.

11. only on student nurses, student ODPs get the electric cattleprod!

edited cos I'm a biff

13. Of course he could stay as a civi, top up his bursary or grant with TA. May even get comissioned in the TA during nurse training and very possible after. No return of service then.

A friend of mine wrote all her assignments on drill nights in the mess where she could pick the brains of other nurses and the TA paid her for the privilage! Not bad deal if you can get it.

14. The lower drop-out rate with military students is easy to explain. They're in the military, so it's a pain in the arrse to "drop out". Yes they can trade transfer, but most of these people have joined with the direct view to getting registered, doing the bare minimum ROS and then getting out with a registration. Trade transfer is not a realistic option for these people, as it completly defeats the purpose of joining. If a military student fcuks up somewhere, the standard response is to back-course them by 6 months. Therefore these students aren't counted in the drop out numbers, as they will still (eventually) finish the course, albeit 6 months later than planned.

As for the higher scores, this is probably more due to the higher quality of entrant, and the selection process that is applied when recruiting. If you ask most students, I think that you'll find that the higher scores are there in spite of the training teams actions, not because of them.

My experience with the military hierarchy in the Defence School is not a happy one. If a student has a complicated welfare history, it is not uncommon to hear certain members of the top office use the phrase "We'll have to get rid of that one then" or words to that effect. They are AGAI happy, and will charge a student for stupid reasons, all in the name of "military ethos".

15. so the constant AGAI 67 action doesnt ensure that they fail then, just makes them miserable!