STAB B3 Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by spad, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one know when the next B3 is and what the chance are of getting on tour with it?

2. B3?
  3. combat engineer class 3
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Call your PSI. I imagine he is used to such phone calls.
  5. Talk to your PSI..?.. Use the coc its what its there for.
  6. Bit late now but 2 Rifles had a specific need for Assault Pioneers, and some of our mobilised blokes did the course as part of their PDT ( AIUI. )
  7. tryed the COC cause were not main stream it's not that easy (apparently) and no my unit are only deploying seniors for the forceable future which I am not and don't wish to be for a while yet.

and the PSI tells me he cant find out at the moment

hence why i've come on here see what the grape vine says
  8. Try talking to Glasgow they may be able to find you a slot but get traded first mate.
  9. i am already traded hence why i wont be going on tour with my unit and trying to get quals to go with others,
    it does make me wander why my unit was expanded when there seems to be no need for us in the first place..... opps shouldnt of said that!! :)
  10. msr

msr LE

What capbadge are you?

11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I think that was for 3 Rifles on H11 mate. I don't think they ended up being employed in that role in the end anyway. Was very surprised when I first heard about it as 2 Rifles had effectively mothballed AP Pln though there was talk post-tour of resurrecting it.
  12. BB it was a pre requisite of going on tour with 3 rifles but no one told 3 rifles. They did not have an A/P platoon in their orbat. There may have been a couple of blokes on the last tour doing AP type stuff but they were in the minority
  13. ask your'e PSI about " Spring Ride " in Weymouth , thats when you can possibly do youre B3 .
  14. RP/YS I bow to your superior knowledge.