St Patrick's Day

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
A Happy Paddy's Day to all our readers.

No I don't want a fucking shamrock on my pint. Kindly stop playing with my food.

A Happy Paddy's Day to all our readers.

No I don't want a ******* shamrock on my pint. Kindly stop playing with my food.

Isn't it the 19th of March?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Paddies day is a load of bollox, especially when we try to to celebrate St Georges but can't because it's racist.

It's the 19th. Trust me.

Ah Paddies Day

And we're off to Dublin in the green, in the green
Where the helmets glisten in the sun
Where the bayonets flash and the rifles crash
To the echo of the Thompson Gun.

Fill your boots

So a large chunk of our semi literate construction labourers will be even more shit faced today than usual.

Not to knock the Irish, who need to celebrate something, but as someone pointed out to me years ago the British don't really go in for celebrations- if we did there would be one every day of the year. Just about every single day of the year is an anniversary of some British invention that changed and improved the world, or some victory over despot rulers against staggering odds.

Maybe we should start a "today in British History thread?

Today: 1921 Britain opens the worlds first Birth control Clinic in London.

Not much to parade about - but millions of Paddys are parading ab...... being Paddys.

Not to knock the Irish, who need to celebrate something, but as someone pointed out to me years ago the British don't really go in for celebrations- if we did there would be one every day of the year. Just about every single day of the year is an anniversary of some British invention that changed and improved the world, or some victory over despot rulers against staggering odds.

Maybe we should start a "today in British History thread?

Today: 1921 Britain opens the worlds first Birth control Clinic in London.

Not much to parade about - but millions of Paddys are parading ab...... being Paddys.
Didn't work very well, there are still loads of Brits.