• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

St Patricks day celebrations / Irish night

Ladeeeeeeeees and gentlemen of the FM and all things artsy forum, a question if I may.

If you were going to an Irish/St Patrick's day celebration what songs would you expect the band to play ?

Off the top of my sheleighleigh I can only name the following

The (wreck of the ) Irish Rover
Whiskey in the Jar
The Wild Rover
Brown Eyed Girl ( yes I know )

....and that's about it.

There must be more ( apart from "Black and Tans" which I don't think would go down well)

Fields of Athenry
Danny Boy
Rare auld times
Rising of the Moon
Oro rosin nabha hawla
Amhran na bhFiann
I'm glad I'm not a Harlequin
Whiskey you're the Devil
the waters flow and the grasses grow
Fields of Conamara

B

Boozy

[video=youtube;x-64CaD8GXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw[/video]

Molly Malone, The Londonderry Air and I'll Tell me Ma

Of course, you should be too drunk to really give a shit about the music...

B

Boozy

And I'd be most disappointed if they didn't play Smack My Bitch Up The Orinoco Flow!

[video=youtube;3CTJqwX-AwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CTJqwX-AwM[/video]

How about some Virgin Prunes ?

Or Val Doonican: O'Rafferty's Motor Car or Paddy McGinty's Goat .... showing my age here!

You want to ask DavidBOC, he's yer man for this topic.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Which is why I turn up to one of these things with an iPod/music stuffed phone and a decent set of headphones. And instructions to haul me to my feet when they get around to the soldiers song.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app

How about some Virgin Prunes ?

Or Val Doonican: O'Rafferty's Motor Car or Paddy McGinty's Goat .... showing my age here!

You want to ask DavidBOC, he's yer man for this topic.
Not many people know this But long way to Tipperary was written by the son of a Warwickshire pub landlord in 1912. Possibly at the pub in Honiley Warwickshire now called the Tipperary. He had never been to Ireland.Honest.

Latest Threads