St. Martins Plain

Discussion in 'ACF' started by benwiltsacf, Jul 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been down there? We're there for Annual this year and after the joys of Penhale I was looking for somewhere a little more salubrious. Can anyone give me a heads up as to what it's like? Grotty as hell?

Ben

2. It is a bit of a transit camp, but facilities are fine and you will be well looked after. Local training areas are great, and there's a lot of it. Good ranges nearby at Hythe too. It's just a few miles from our location in Dover and we use it and the training areas a lot. Get hold of a Cinque Ports Training Area map and you'll see what I mean. There is also a good video available from the Defence Library about the whole area. PM me if you have any specific questions, and I'll try to answer.

3. Truly excellent range complex (and that rarest of breeds - the helpful range warden!)

4. ...and a damned good burger van is regularly in attendance too!
    He also makes a mean cup of tea.

5. I agree with HPF, Excellent ranges right on your door step at Hythe and a bit further down the road at Lydd. In camp a DCCT, run by a guy named Chris, he will sort out some good packages for your Seniors, he has with mine recently. Areas are very good, IMHO the best M,N&P, then Park Farm Complex followed by Reinden Wood Area H.

6. Thanks guys, wanted to get a general feel for the place and have done just that.

Ben