St Georges Day

Sirs, Ladies and Gents,

I have been tasked to submit a plan for a St Georges Day Sergeants Mess function and I am at a loss.

If you have any ideas of what you think would be a good Mess function for this day please let me know.

My first thoughts would be to have a ‘Knights of the Round Table’ theme, hog roast, ye olde banquet style meal.

Pick the Garrison Dragon:

Some twat like Propman, Budman, Civsec, etc....

Then slay it with a really long lance.

Return to the Mess and celebrate with industrial quantities of port until :puker:

He is the patron saint of Syph sufferers so why not have an orgy with helium filled Johnnies !! Also the patron of skin diseases so a Leper theme would be quite a good one too!

I thought St George was a Turk... so it should be ok to celebrate... correct me if I'm wrong , Dragon sounds like a good 'un
WW

Why not have some food and drink from every country that England has ever been at war with.
That should keep you going for about oh.......6 or 7 months.

Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pud. Mess Members detailed to read passages from Shakespeare (for it is his birthday the same day)

Bit like a Burns Night, except you will be able to understand WTF the reader is saying.

Considering St George was turkish...why not have belly dancers, kebabs and a themed turkish prison night, just like Midnight Express :thumright:

the_guru said:
Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pud. Mess Members detailed to read passages from Shakespeare (for it is his birthday the same day)

Bit like a Burns Night, except you will be able to understand WTF the reader is saying.
I like that, in fact I may use it myself, quotes from Shakespeare indeed ! :D not to mention a few pints of Bombadiers, Spitfires, Old Speckled Hen, along with traditional English rhubarb and apple crumble in custard.

Traditional English food

semper said:
the_guru said:

I like that, in fact I may use it myself, quotes from Shakespeare indeed ! :D not to mention a few pints of Bombadiers, Spitfires, Old Speckled Hen, along with traditional English rhubarb and apple crumble in custard.

Traditional English food
Thats the badger.

wheelchairwarrier said:
I thought St George was a Turk... so it should be ok to celebrate... correct me if I'm wrong , Dragon sounds like a good 'un
WW
In which case, kebabs, lots of bum sex and then a quick trip over to occupy Cyprus would appear to do the trick.

Edit. If you could see your way to blowing up your local HSBC branch, that'd be a bonus.

the_guru said:

Is that so, fookin forsoathe this and hey nonny nonny that...Saxo-Coburg-Hanovarian inbreds!!

Wija72 said:
the_guru said:

Is that so, fookin forsoathe this and hey nonny nonny that...Saxo-Coburg-Hanovarian inbreds!!
Ah...sounds like a Sugar Puff smelling sweaty.

Fcuk off you wee timorous beastie.

Morris dancing always goes down well; get six local morris dancers, tie them to stakes and throw stones at them.
Never done it myself, but I live in hope!

the_guru said:

Actung - Jock alert

My bold above... I suggest you might be in the minority then...

Is it for fear to wet a widow's eye
That thou consumest thyself in single life?
Ah! if thou issueless shalt hap to die.
The world will wail thee, like a makeless wife;
The world will be thy widow and still weep
That thou no form of thee hast left behind,
When every private widow well may keep
By children's eyes her husband's shape in mind.
Look, what an unthrift in the world doth spend
Shifts but his place, for still the world enjoys it;
But beauty's waste hath in the world an end,
And kept unused, the user so destroys it.
No love toward others in that bosom sits
That on himself such murderous shame commits.
Can't see too many people making sense of the above and they're all like that.

I can just picture it:

A mandolin player enters the room playing 'greensleeves'
He is followed by some wench carrying the black pudding
Once in place it is attacked by a burberry wearing chav weilding a broken bottle

Oh come on, be original. This is your national day you're talking about here - not a parody of a Scottish celebration.

BTW I've always found the English to be more taken with Burns night than Scots.

"Once in place it is attacked by a burberry wearing chav weilding a broken bottle"

Who invited the Glaswegian then?