St, Georges Day

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by J_D, Sep 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. J_D

J_D LE

Do you think that St Georges Day should become
    a public holiday in England ?

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a public holiday (After this year) Click on the link below to vote, the site needs at least 500,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday, and I know you are up for that!

(Sorry if this has been done before)
  2. Voted - what's the chance that Phoney and his cronies will actually go for it? Probably populist enough to get his attention...
  3. Yep, it's been done!

Here. :wink:
  4. J_D

J_D LE

My bad!
  5. Hey, it was a while ago & most things on ARRSE get recycled!
  6. Done it!! Anya,last year at my lads new school chinese new year,dhwali and other etnic stuff was celebrated and when I asked if St Georges Day was on the calender I was looked at like I was some kind of trouble maker so perhaps making it a public holiday will get St George more attention.
  7. J_D

J_D LE

This is the day of our country, why can we not have it like other countries? The government needs a rethink. We can celebrate holidays that are not our own, so why not ours?

Its only fair right?
  8. On St George's day I wake myself up with a large cup of gunfire, have half the day off and then go on the ming, then slept the next day.

We don't have to be told to take a holiday, we should just go out and celebrate it ourselves.
  9. Voted but it will prob get dropped, as its not PC or doesnt fit in with Englands multocultural society, and be deemed racist by the minoritys!!
  10. Voted - I'd do almost anything for a day off work.
  11. J_D

J_D LE

Run round London naked!
  12. Almost ..........
  13. if the scots and the welsh have a day off we deffinatly should