St Georges Day

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At great personal risk of a fatwah,may I wish you all a happy and peaceful Saint Georges Day.

2. and to you Sire!

3. Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

4. And also to you from a Jock, a Happy St George's Day get them Cross's Flying High

Magic

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

On St. Georges Day my English Landy and Jag are both being repaired. My Toyota loan car is running a treat. Hmmm.

Happy Saint Georges day to one and all.

6. I shall be in Alnwick, Northumberland, to view the Fusiliers marching proudly through the town, and then drinks in the big city, Newcastle.

How are you celebrating today?

7. I'll be celebrating in the George at London Bridge. Hopefully, a few pints will be had...

8. I shall wave my flag of St George and think of "merry old England" ... whilst working over the water and trying to educate septics that St Paddy isn't our only patron saint....

9. I shall be joining a fellow Arrser and offering up the following toast:

'British by birth, English by the grace of God' :salut:

10. Happy Ypres Day to you all!

The Second Battle of Ypres, 23 April 1915 - The 1st & 2nd Battalions of the East Surrey Regiment fought in this battle winning 3 VCs. Ypres is also a Battle Honour of the Queen's Royal Regiment.

Thinks....: Does the PWRR still observe the traditional exchange of telegrams today with the Royal Marines to commemorate their Zeebrugge Day?

11. THERE'LL ALWAYS BE AN ENGLAND & ENGLAND SHALL BE FREE AS LONG AS ENGLAND MEANS AS MUCH TO YOU AS ENGLAND MEANS TO ME...... HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY

i know gay but happy st georges day any way

12. I've got a couple of booties staying over tonight. After a few pints of G&T we'll probably sit out in the garden and enjoy a naked barbeque.

13. Have you got enough roll-mats for your arms? The booties should also be celebrating Zeebrugge Day - see above!

14. If anyone dares issue a fatwah you should stiffen up the sinew & imitate the action of a tiger by ripping the fecker's head off!

15. I like that. I think I'll share it with the rest of the occupants of the bar at Aberdeen airport this evening.