St George's Day drinks, 2018, London

I'll be having a few (well, OK, a lot) of drinks in the George on Borough High Street on Monday 23 April 2018, starting at about 12 noon. Come along if you can.
George in Southwark

Since Monday might not be convenient for everybody (because of work) I'll also be having a bit of a practise for the event in the same place on Saturday 21 April, starting at about the same time.
The pub has a menu for those who like solids with their food.

Wet weather alternative
If it's too wet to sit outside, I'll be in "The Barrowboy and Banker" further up Borough High Street opposite London Bridge station. (The inside bars at the George are very small.)
The Barrowboy & Banker - Fuller's Pub and Restaurant London

Recognition features
I'll be sitting at one of the tables in the courtyard of the George (or under the stairs at the Barrowboy or maybe upstairs) wearing the ARRSE "Emperor Mong Christmas 2009" sweatshirt. I'll be smoking a pipe (at the George) and I also wear glasses. Might have my camera with me!

Quote this post and add your name to the list
if you can make it
or
if you think that you might be there
or
if you're toying with the idea of thinking about maybe making it
so that we can keep bumping the thread. (or just bump the thread anyway!)

Regards,
Pete

Sign:
pete_the_reader

Last edited:
..or if you're ex RGJ come across dat dere Lunden Bridge , to the Cross Keys, Gracechurch Street, on the same day/time - Sat 21st - Usually about 30/40 plus of us there from midday 'til late #unofficalstgeorgesdaypi55up

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
..or if you're ex RGJ come across dat dere Lunden Bridge , to the Cross Keys, Gracechurch Street, on the same day/time - Sat 21st - Usually about 30/40 plus of us there from midday 'til late #unofficalstgeorgesdaypi55up
Might rock up in a Burkha to freak some peeps out...

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Could be on for Sat 21st, day after Adolf's birthday as well now I think about it so maybe we could tie in with anything going on on that front, he was good at opening up fronts wasn't he, not so good at closing them though.

Might rock up in a Burkha to freak some peeps out...
Do it...

If the rabid anti-muslimist with a user name that is oft times confused (wrongly) with @rgjbloke, the ex green jacket chappie whose name I can't quite recall is there he will suffer life changing apoplexy and the foamy mouthed ranting will be heard across the Home Counties.

Worth turning up in fancy dress just for that I'd say.

unicorn77

War Hero
Way on down South London town,
Check out guitar George, he knows-all the chords.

I used to work in Borough High Street, wish I could join you. Although I would prefer to re-live one lunchtime at the Leather Exchange when my boss insisted on buying drinks for everyone and I asked for a winter warmer (barleywine) and got a pint, then another one.

Jammy66

War Hero
The George is a lovely old building but as a pub it leaves a lot to be desired. I held a small party there a little while back, it was a catalogue of errors on the day and then they overcharged us and we had a lot of hassle getting a refund. Never again.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I bet it's a right bastard when someone else decides to take over something you've been organising for the past few years.

#spreadsheetsareshit
#realspoty
#listsaregreat
Unlucky sweetcheeks, something has been organised for St George's Day with a few Arrsers since before Chrimbo, I'm just informing pete of it. :mrgreen:
Plus I've not organised anything in London for years, can't be bothered.
#imaginarylistsarepointless
#democracyrules

Last edited:
Oooops!

It looks like I've caused a clash with something else on St George's Day.
Apologies!
Saturday might still be OK.
Wait out....

There is a bit of a clash. I should have done a proper search!
However, it's not a problem. If you can make it to the George on Saturday or Monday (or both) see you there!

Last edited:
Do it...

If the rabid anti-muslimist with a user name that is oft times confused (wrongly) with @rgjbloke, the ex green jacket chappie whose name I can't quite recall is there he will suffer life changing apoplexy and the foamy mouthed ranting will be heard across the Home Counties.

To be honest, it's a semi casual Jeans and Reggie rugby shirts gig... similar to a come as you are event...wear WTF you want ...we welcome all comers..... even scousers ;-) - as for your man mentioned - meh, he has is views, we agree with some, laugh at others.

He has more gongs than you can shake a stick at, did his time - and is entitled to his opinions , none of us have to agree with them.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do it...

To be honest, it's a semi casual Jeans and Reggie rugby shirts gig... similar to a come as you are event...wear WTF you want ...we welcome all comers..... even scousers ;-) - as for your man mentioned - meh, he has is views, we agree with some, laugh at others.

He has more gongs than you can shake a stick at, did his time - and is entitled to his opinions , none of us have to agree with them.
I can't make the Saturday, but as you live within my location, we could meet up at some other time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sadly once again I will have to decline as I will be on Ex in Germany yet again.

I can't make the Saturday, but as you live within my location, we could meet up at some other time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes Mate, it's time we did .....being in sunny and spectacular Downham, im about 5 bus stop from Catford going one way - and about the same from Bromley go t'other way ...also our friendly Prison officer is in Hayes, so that's also an idea?

Latest Threads