St. Dunstans. The Charity for Blind Ex-Servicemen and Women

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by big_red, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would you like to help the guys blinded in conflict regain their independence and self-esteem?

Why not challenge yourself for St Dunstan’s. Everyday blind ex Service men and women challenge themselves with the everyday tasks associated with sight loss. I should know, I'm one myself.

St Dunstan’s is asking you to rise to your own challenge. We have a host of activities to choose from, The Forces Challenge, Cycle Through History Bike Ride and the Spinnaker Tower Challenge. Go to www.st-dunstans.org.uk/challenges for more info.

Thanks, it means a great deal.
    :soldier:

2. We should keep this going Topside guys, I knew a guy blinded in 73 whose life was put back together by St Dunstans, it is a seriuosly worthy organisation that should be fully funded by HMG.

3. Being from just outside of Brighton I know of these guys and girls and they do an awesome job (so nearly mentioned blinding job then...oops I still did).

This is definately a cause worthy of support and I will be getting myself and the guys around me on the case to do something in the near future!

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Great bunch of people who used to pop over to our golf club in Devon for a match once a year. Never found out why it all stopped.

5. I live in Brighton and it has been reported locally that St. Dunstans are seriously hurting due to charitable contributions tailing off because of the recession, so any help will be gratefully received.

6. I've got a mate that lives in St Dunstans and he absolutely loves it there, he bought them all on the lash once to the Shot.....it was chaos!