SSSA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pilotless, Apr 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

I have recently been posted, but due to schooling issues, I have been given permission to retain my current MQ. Due to the distance of my posting I currently reside in the mess during the week.

The QM has just offered me SSSA, is anyone aware of whether I would be entitled to SSSA, or because I have a MQ it's a non-starter. I have tried reading the JSP but as always it's as clear as mud.

Thanks in advance

2. SSSA is offered where there is no SLA available in your location or within a certain radius. There is an ongoing purge against SSSA.

If you have opted to retain your SFA in your previous location for compassionate reasons, then that has no bearing in your being given/offered SSSA as the 2 issues are entirely unconnected.

What I don't understand is why you're being offered SSSA if you're already in SLA? Mind boggled.

3. LAIT,
    Its due to the current space in the SLA (4 empty rooms), we will have 10 new livers in within the next month or so. The COs policy is all new mess members should be found a room in the Mess (for education purposes), and the old buggers moved out.

Cheers

4. Still don't understand.

Anyway not my business.