SSSA Mid Assignment

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by sweaty_smudge, Jan 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon,

I was hoping someone might be able to answer this question for me as know one at work can. I moved my family into SFA on posting back to the UK and have now bought a house which they are going to move too after being here for 4 months. I will be left behind and there is no SLA in the local area, I am currently filling in the paperwork for SSSA however JSP 464 Part 3 Chap 8 only talks about applying before your assignment it does not mention moves during assignment, I still have over 20 months remaining.

Does anyone know if this is possible or am I going to have to approach the nearest unit with spare SLA and ask nicely for room in the mess! The nearest unit is about 35 miles away.

Thanks

Smudge

2. I know of places where SLA is in short supply and people are accommodated about 10 miles away, with transport laid on, but 35 miles is, I would suggest, a bit too far. Other options you might like to consider are SSSA (see Ch 8 ) or even retaining your SFA and paying 25% less than you do at the moment for it, giving your family the chance to visit you for up to "28 days (aggregated or continuous) in any 61 day period" (see Ch 6 Appendix A).

3. If there is no SLA then they will be required (if your house you have bought is greater than 50 miles away) to find you SSSA accommodation within 10 miles (as the crow flys) from your unit.

4. I was in the same situation with the nearest mess being 25 miles away.

I was allocated a SSSA house in a very tidy development, 4 miles away from the unit plus the house move from the quarter to private residence was at the taxpayers expense and I received full rate DA and all of the other free cash for travel etc.

Money for nowt - cheers easy!

• Like Like x 1