SSSA - can I rent my own house to myself?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Heywood_Jablowme, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As above!!

Not too sure on the rules here.

2. Your not in the Labour Party by any chance?

3. I think a career in politics awaits you, NO you can't!

4. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Are you an MP?

5. how would paying rent to yourself work? Would you go in the bank, withdraw the rent money...then rejoin the queue and pay it straight back in?

How will you complain to the landlord if the boiler knacks?? Will you have to write yourself a letter asking for permission to keep hamsters?? :D The mind boggles!

6. No.

7. Fcuking hell fella.

Have you not been watching the news recently? There are MPs of all hues sqirming and writhing to avoid the sh1t being flung from persuing 'arrangements' such as these.

In short. No, the Army wont pay you rent to live in your own house. If money is tight, rent your house out and live in a quarter.

8. Do you really need someone to answer that for you?

9. that'll be straight to the ******** then!

10. I think this a very poor WAH by a member of the labour party!

stilts

11. think this is why on the application they ask if you own or part own a property within a 40 mile radius of your duty station. suppose you could always put it to a letting agency and hope that hcr don't dig too deep!

12. Are you sure you're intelligent enough to be living on your own in SSSA, because I reckon walking and breathing at the same time might be a struggle if you can't work out the answer to that yourself?

13. Yes you can. If you are living in your own house that you bought BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SERVICE PROVIDED ACCOMMODATION at your duty station you can be eligible for a payment of the food element of SSSA.

You need to see your RAO staff and explain that you only bought the place because the Army could not put you into a Mess/ SSA and you were not advised that you would be given SSSA. If you owned prior to posting in, you are knackered.

14. I had a friend in the RN who was drafted to a a ship in build in Glasgow, but was allowed to live in her own home in Helensburgh and claim FIA, which was still a tidy sum every month for living in your own place.

So I don't see why you can't t least get that, but would have to check the Regs to be sure

15. That would be fraud, don't bother.