SSIs CCF and AIs ACF required to wear brassards!?

By SSIs CCF, AIs ACF and cadets of all ranks both male and female, CCF and ACF for use with Jersey Order, Shirt Sleeve Order and on the smock for the display of:

a. Titles, arm, embroidered CCF/ACF )
b. Badges of rank )
c. Proficiency badges ) See Notes 1 and 2.
d. Skill-at-arms/qualification badges )
e. County flashes (ACF only) )
According to JSP 336 (3rd Edition) Vol. 12 Pt. 3 Pamphlet 13 Section 3 Appendix 1 to Annex G to Section 3 SSIs and AIs are required to wear brassards. Never heard this before, but just read it at that link. Maybe ive read it wrong, it is half 2 in the morning, but i think dats wat it says.

Yep, True.

Where are the Regualr forces would sew thier rank onto the jersey, cadet forces are required to wear theirs on a brassard. Although it doesnt make it clear how a warrent officer is supposed to do this!

not in my day they did

CADETS wore brassards with badges etc

AI's and SSI's wore badges of rank etc on JHW, just like Reg/TA the only difference was the ACF shoulder title (oh and the unpressed, ill fitting jumper/shirt, :wink: )

In my Dad's time as an AI (about 16 years ago!) Adult Instructors did wear brazards with their rank on, however this had stopped before I joined (6 years ago) and as most of the time AI's wear C95 now, its not really applicable anyways!

All AIs up to the rank of SMI should wear brassard. I wear mine all the time, except at Beckingham and Frimley but dont tell my CEO

I'm against it, it'd make me look like a Cadet, being the fresh faced young man that I am.

Brassards are for Cadets, Rank slides with ACF embroidered titles should be for adults. Otherwise, what would PI's do?

Fig11 said:
Yep, True.

Where are the Regualr forces would sew thier rank onto the jersey, cadet forces are required to wear theirs on a brassard. Although it doesnt make it clear how a warrent officer is supposed to do this!
Next section up (not linked, but i can get it if you want) it says WOs aren't meant to wear them. They're treated like officers

I joined as a cadet in 1981 and became an AI in 1986. Although all AIs were issued a brassard, I never saw one worn in my county.

I did see them worn by AIs from other counties when I was on national courses etc.

Jango_Fett said:
Do Cadets wear reduced sized cheverons these days?
Again, I have seen this in other counties, but not in Yorkshire. Previously the full size No.2 Dress chevrons were worn, now it's the 'combat patch' style.

same here, i have been issued a brassard but never have worn it, never seen any other adults wear it either.

it was rank slides on 95s and sew ons for OG shirt , wolly pullies.

Lets face it, brassards, wooly pullys and all that old rubbish is totally out of date and impractical in everyday cadetting for both etc when I am satisfied barrack dress trousers should be used too by cadets. Any self respecting AI will have purchased number 2 dress anyway which is cheap enough to buy thus, rendering the question of brassards brassards answered. As a WO1 I would not allow anyone, either adult or cadet on a rememberance day parade wearing DPM clothing of any sort. It is thoroughly unacceptable. A CCF officer recently turned up wearing his DPM clothing for a rememberance day parade. To which I said'With all due respect sir, get off my parade'. Which he did.

So you told an officer not to take part in a Rememberance Day parade because you did not like his dress state.

Be very grateful you are not in my organisation!

That is very bad form, and you should be ashamed.

wo1slashedpeak said:
Any self respecting AI will have purchased number 2 dress anyway which is cheap enough to buy thus, rendering the question of brassards brassards answered.
The suit is quite cheap and easy to come by. The badges, however, are a different story. It's not too difficult (although occasionally) to obtain the correct insignia for large regiments or corps (eg. Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers, etc.) But some infantry (especially the newly formed regiments) and cavalry is almost impossible. Personally, if I hadn't retained my Gunner kit when I moved to a Yorkshire Regiment unit, I would have no Service Dress to wear.

wo1slashedpeak said:
As a WO1 I would not allow anyone, either adult or cadet on a rememberance day parade wearing DPM clothing of any sort. It is thoroughly unacceptable.
I agree that for Remembrance Parade or indeed any formal occasion, it would be great for all ranks to appear turned out in full ceremonial kit. However, you should remember that your average ACF unit doesn't have the funds floating around that the average CCF does and when funds are forthcoming, there are rather more pressing items that require attention.

wo1slashedpeak said:
A CCF officer recently turned up wearing his DPM clothing for a rememberance day parade. To which I said'With all due respect sir, get off my parade'. Which he did.
That really shows you up as being more than a little 'up yourself'. I assume that the said officer had put some effort into his kit and was turned out correctly. That being so, who the hell are you to tell him he can't pay his respects with his cadets? Would you say the same thing to one of the veterans who turned up not wearing his tie? The whole of my local TA (3 units) parade in CS'95 simply because they aren't issued No2 Dress, would you turn all them away? I assume that the officer in question was a very junior one? If you'd spoken to me in that fashion, you'd have been the one more likely to leave (with all due respect, I've done your job old chap :wink: )

green_slime said:
So you told an officer not to take part in a Rememberance Day parade because you did not like his dress state.

Be very grateful you are not in my organisation!

That is very bad form, and you should be ashamed.

So green_slime, in your organisation are you so desperate for adult instructors and officers (and I use the term officer in the loosest possible way) that you would permit an officer, an ex regular, now long since in civvy street, to turn up year after year, wearing DPM's because despite being loaded with money he just cannot be bothered to obtain number two dress? Do not forget that as an officer he would get a sizeable chunk of money towards the purchase price and second hand stuff is available through RHQ. Acceptable to you? If so then you are in the wrong job, YOU should be very ashamed of yourself and not comment so stupidly when you obviously are unaware of the full situation!

It seems some people think I am being harsh. :( If you are going to turn up for a parade, put some effort into your preparation. :? Show a bit of dignity, turn out neatly whatever you wear. If you are having problems locating insignia then either contact your affiliated Regimental HQ/PRI shop and explain the situation. Unless they are complete gits then they would be pleased to help. Alternatively, there are companies such as Ian Kelly Militaria on the net and even ebay where you will find stuff. If anyone claims they are not able to find this insignia then I am sorry but they are not looking hard enough. Of course I am up myself....I am a WO1!!!!!! :twisted: