SSgt-WO2 Promotion Board Results

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by boney_m, Feb 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just like to say a big hearty well done to those selected for promotion to WO2. Should be a good afternoon in the bar :D

2. 23C

23C Clanker

I know of someone that has had the rank of acting WO2 for the past 3 years and doing a fine job of it, this person has just been told that he/she is not going to get the full rank and that he/she has to be posted on but as a this fair and can they really do this?

Thanks in advance.

3. I've always thought that there was a time limit on holding acting rank, with a caveat that you must be either promoted or removed from the job within the time limit.

4. Is it fair? - don't know would depend entirely on the circumstances. If he is an all-round good bloke, has done well in acting rank, not made any serious mistakes and shown that he is worthy of the rank; then it is probably not fair.

However, if they have 'failed' in any of the above areas, then I would argue that it probably is fair?

Can they do this? - I believe so, just because you are given acting rank, does not automatically entitle you to substantive rank {Boney_m - I have never heard of the timed promotion issue, but would need to check in work to be sure}. But I would be surprised if someone was considered suitable to wear the rank for 3 years and is then not promoted.

Is there something behind the lack of promotion, that you are not telling us?
  5. 23C

23C Clanker

The only thing i left out was the fact that this person has had A's and O's with recomended on all of his/her CR's with a wrigt up to back them up.

Maybe another MCM black hole issue. Shame really he/she is really good at what he/she is/was doing. (you have to love the " / " )
  6. It was something i was told once, and i purposefully didnt qualify it further because i'm unsure of the facts. I was told that there was a time limit on staying in acting rank (although my take on it is that if an individual is good enough to hold the rank for a considerable period of time, they should be promoted), but i also think my there may be some confusion with the period a soldier can be paid pay of higher rank, which is an entirely different thing.

Perhaps a passing member of the Alf Garnets Commando's could shed some light on it :wink: :wink:

7. At the end of the day, as long they've been paid as WO2 for 2 yrs or more then they'll qualify for a WO2 pension. And if he's had a few years as a staffy then he won't really get a noticeable pay rise at WO2 anyway. Yeah I know that money isn't everything...but it helps.

Congrats to my IS brethren who picked up - now for the postings bunfight!! I've heard Cormorant is for winners.

8. Well they cant stay in cushty NATO postings forever can they PD ??

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh and well done all. A lot of good names on that list (and I dont mean YofS or FofS)
    :twisted: :twisted:
  9. I would suggest that they speak to the Adjt/OC/RCMO and have a chat. They can then request that their career profile is obtained from MCM Div. This might show, for instance, that whilst they were a very good bloke (with good CR grades) they were rather old and therefore fell below the 'promotability line'. Or whilst they are good, the board may have been very strong and that made them look average (or below) by comparision?
  10. depends was he Local or Acting rank.....if he was local then yes will be removed on posting and reverted back to his Substansive rank.......

11. Acting rank is no guarantee of keeping it. You need to be moving into an LSN of that rank.