SSgt Sharron Elliot - KIA 12 Nov 06

Discussion in 'REME' started by Next_to_the_Tank, Nov 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know many of the readers of this part of ARRSE will know Sharron from her service with the REME. Once her parent's wishes are known - details of the funeral will be passed to your Regimental Secretary. Please contact him if you have any queries, rather than post details on ARRSE.

Many thanks,

NTTT

2. Shaz worked for me when she was a tech and she was a top lass, sad news.

3. Sad to hear news about Sharon. Knew her at Aldergrove on Lynx LAD in late 90's. A top lass, always cheery no matter how bad things were. Such a tragic waste. Condolences to friends and family.

4. RIP

Forgive me for asking. But she is listed on the BBC as the first woman soldier killed in Iraq. How many have there been overall? Most casualties are male and IIRC the Female RAF officer killed in the Lynx crash was reported asthe first British servicewoman killed in action.

5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Does it really matter! A really sad loss

6. Gutted....Knew her from her Tech days...What a waste and what sad sad news. RIP my dear, you will be dearly missed.

7. knew sharon when she was a tech at aldergrove. great girl, always good for a laugh. a sad loss. my thoughts are with her parents.

8. I knew Sharon briefly from her days after her transfer. A decent lass and a sad loss.

9. Knew sharron since Wallop basic trade training days, lovely girl, sorry to hear the news. Hope her family read all the messages posted here.

She was liked by all that knew her. What more can you ask for.

10. Ladies and Gentlemen,

Contact details for letters of condolence to Sharron's family have been passed to your Regimental Secretary today.

NTTT

11. I couldn't believe the news, I saw Sharron's pic on the TV and nearly choked on my cereal. I met Sharron when I was at Arborfield, Sharron was on course at the time, she was a great girl, we used to have a great laugh socially, she was very hard working and enjoyed playing sport. We both played in the ladies REME Corp hockey team and on the Cyprus trip we shared a room and we had just had a ball. We kept in touch after she left Arborfield, but I kinda lost touch when she transferred to the Intelligence corp. I am really taken aback by the news of such a tragic loss. It is very sad......... :cry:

Condolences to Sharron's family for their very sad loss.

12. On behalf of Sharrons Mum, Step-Father and her other brothers I would like to say thank you to all who have sent their condolences either via this media or by phone or card. Thank you, it has been a great comfort to know so many people cared. Sharron was a great person and will be sorely missed.
    Her brother Swollendonkey...

13. I knew Sharron from over in NI when we worked at 655 LAD, for a short while. This is the first I'd heard about her death so it's come as a bit of a shock. Sincere condolences to her family and friends.

14. Like some others I worked with Sharron at 655 LAD in Aldergrove. It was such a shock to see her picture on the BBC site.

Condolences to Sharron's family at this difficult time.

15. Ladies and Gentlemen,

The details of Sharron's funeral have been passed to your Regimental Secretary. I know anyone REME friends wishing to attend the funeral will be very welcome.