SSgt RE UniformNo1Mess Dress for Daughters Wedding

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by OldCorps, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK Spr's, if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

My Daughter gets married 17 Aug 07, she has asked if i could walk her down the aisle (private family service) wearing RE Blue's, (or) as she loved Mess Kit. I still have my Mess Kit, but, erm, have out grown it a bit!!!! enough said.

I retired as a SSgt, so if anyone could help me out i would be extremely grateful.

I know regs state uniforms should not be worn by non serving personnel, but i think after 20+ years being away from my family she deserves this one indulgence.

Spr's Hire or for sale, if you can help, here are my sizes:

Leg: 29/31"
    Waist: 34/38" can get adjusted
    Chest: 38/40"

Medal ribbons not important. Help me out you Sappers.

2. BRL,

thanks mate you have made one girl very happy, and a former soldier proud to be able to wear his beloved Corps uniform again for a special occasion.

I wish i had found this forum earlier.

Yours Aye
  3. OldCorps.

May I *highly* recommended Medway Medals, in Gillingham/Chatham. I've just gotten back from them today with a full set of No. 1 dress, tailored to my size, with all appropriate badges etc, for £90, SAME DAY service. Yes, I walked in this morning around 9, got measured, and came back at 1115 and picked up the whole shebang, incl. gloves, lanyard & belt.

Very professional, quick service.

And it's in good nick too, looks brand new
  4. Does anyone here know the exact rules for ex-forces bods wearing uniform?

I thought there was some regulation that allowed it?
  5. When i checked with a local Army unit, the Chiefy informed me that while not "condoned" for non-serving personnel to wear uniform, as long as it is worn with the correct military bearing, with authorised adornments and not used for purposes of misrepresentation things should be OK.

I remember while serving, that some mess members were allowed to still wear Mess Dress as long as it had the Gold coloured R on the sleeve.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. :D
  6. Thanks Oldcorps, I knw it was something like that.

Good luck for the wedding.
  7. cdn_spr,

have been to Medway Medals today for a fitting. I must admit the service was great, but will post feedback when i get the uniform.

If the service is anything to go by, it should be brilliant.

Thanks for the link, from one Spr to another. Also looking at the Canadian RF ;-)

Yours Aye

8. Have you got the link for Medway Medals?
    I am on the look out for an RE SNCO mess dress jacket.